none
Missing EOD marks RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

We have recently installed a Quantum Scaler i6000 tape library with IBM LTO6 Drives.

We're receiving errors from the tape drives regarding missing EOD Errors, however the DPM backup jobs, and verifications are completing without error.

As part of troubleshooting, Quantum ask:

"Note: Your application may already detect and recover tapes with missing EOD marks. Consult your application vendor and documentation regarding such feature."

So, does DPM 2012 detect and recover tapes with missing EOD Marks? And as Tape backup verification is successful, can I sleep peacefully tonight knowing our tape backups are not suspect?

Nigel

• Edited by Nigel_CR Tuesday, September 8, 2015 2:47 PM
    Tuesday, September 8, 2015 2:29 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I have never heard of such an issue. Do you have sample alert.

I would venture to say that if the verifications are successful then mostly likely the tapes are fine, however test restores should be performed periodically.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Saturday, September 12, 2015 4:41 AM
  • Hi Mike,

Quantum have come back and they now believe this is a firmware error, they have a new firmware which we're installing this week.

I'll update this when we know if this has worked.

Nigel

Tuesday, September 15, 2015 3:29 PM