Win7 Lost my User Account RRS feed

• Question

• I found this issue happened last night when my computer updated win7 sp1 but the issue did not occur until some "optional updates just after the service pack. What happens is after reboot Win 7 (64) will losse the User Account and you will loose all your icons and your are now a "temp" user. The reason I know it is a Win7 update that casuese the issue is becasue I first did a restore point recovery, solved the issue (it took hours) re- setup my mail accounts. As a test I ran the updates again and rebooted after a group of updates. Again, the service pack update was ok. The ollowing updates caused the issue.

Here is how I recovered from it:

1. Start >> in "search programs and files" box ...type...lusrmgr.msc
      - >> Users, Select Admin, rt click properties, enable the account.
    2. log off
    3. login as administrator
    4. Take control over User that is dead..
       - c:/users/"your user name"
       - click "ALT" key, tools >> folder options >>
           ...show view hidden files, and un-ck>> Hide protected OS files
       - c:/users/"your user name"
       - right click >> security >> advanced >> owner >> edit ...change to Administrators.
          ...do this to various foldrs, the corruption is that somehow they become "system" files. Be sure to get local data and application data.
    5. Log out
    6. Log In as your old user. Should be good now....at least until the next Win7 update!!!
    7. Suggestion.. Start >> in "search programs and files" box ...type...lusrmgr.msc again.
      - >> Users, Select Admin, rt click properties, now disable the account.

Saturday, April 16, 2011 4:39 AM

Answers

• Hi,

I appreciate your efforts to sharing the solution for recovery the temp user. It will greatly help other community member who encountered the same issue.

Regarding the rest update, please install them one by one. Before installing the update, temporarily disable security program and prepare a clean boot environment.

Best Regards,

Niki

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Vivian Xing Friday, April 29, 2011 9:44 AM
    Wednesday, April 20, 2011 1:46 AM