none
OneNote 2013 inserts multiple-page printout on single pages ignoring setting RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

For months I have used OneNote 2013 to print multi-page PDFs to OneNote pages.  Normally they end up on multiple pages in OneNote but recently they've begun always being printed to single OneNote pages.  These are 50 pages PDFs and the setting to insert long printouts on multiple pages is checked in the advanced settings.

I think this may be the result of temporarily turning off the multi-page setting in OneNote last week.  When I would print into OneNote with the multi-page setting off I would be prompted again to ask if I wanted a multi-page printout.  I think I checked a "dont ask me again" box and now I can't get back to default settings.

Please help!

Lee 

PS this is an Office 365 installation.  When I installed office on a different PC recently this problem appears on the new PC too.

Monday, March 31, 2014 1:21 AM

Answers

• Nope, not me.  But I found the cause and a temporary solution. A recent update changed the "long printout" threshold from 5 to 50.  If I print a 50 page document it is split onto multiple pages.  <50? single page. Ugh.

I used OneNote version 15.0.4569.1508 

Described here as well: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/forum/office_365hp-onenote/send-to-onenoteprint-to-one-note-issue/2548b11f-0adc-4de8-8122-de096c7e64d9

So now I have to use PDFtk to append a buff pdf to the end of any <50 page pdf I want to insert into OneNote.  This is not an acceptable long-term solution as I print many PDFs into OneNote each day in class.   I very much hope Microsoft reverts the change.  Alternatively, make the threshold adjustable or based on an editable registry key.

Thanks for your reply.

Lee

Wednesday, April 2, 2014 3:32 AM

All replies

• Hi Lee,

I've receive the similar topic thread in the same day. http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/95022f05-be47-43dc-9335-2feb1a20e5d4/how-to-insert-printouts-to-multiple-pages-in-onenote2013?forum=o

Is that the same person for you:)

Does this behavior happen for all of the pdf file or Word file? Please test it.

As the description in that thread, the problem might caused by nearest update. At this point, I would appreciate if you could tell us the OneNote version you've got and remove the recent Office update to check if the issue would be gone. Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks. 

Tony Chen
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, April 1, 2014 7:24 AM
  • Nope, not me.  But I found the cause and a temporary solution. A recent update changed the "long printout" threshold from 5 to 50.  If I print a 50 page document it is split onto multiple pages.  <50? single page. Ugh.

I used OneNote version 15.0.4569.1508 

Described here as well: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/forum/office_365hp-onenote/send-to-onenoteprint-to-one-note-issue/2548b11f-0adc-4de8-8122-de096c7e64d9

So now I have to use PDFtk to append a buff pdf to the end of any <50 page pdf I want to insert into OneNote.  This is not an acceptable long-term solution as I print many PDFs into OneNote each day in class.   I very much hope Microsoft reverts the change.  Alternatively, make the threshold adjustable or based on an editable registry key.

Thanks for your reply.

Lee

Wednesday, April 2, 2014 3:32 AM
  • Thank you for your sharing. And, your feedback is always very important for us.

Tony Chen
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, April 7, 2014 5:57 PM