none
Memory allocations RRS feed

• Question

• I believe that I have two applications assigned the same memory. Is there a way to see what physical memory addresses are being used by specific programs or drivers? Using Windows 2003 Server.
    Wednesday, May 26, 2010 4:51 PM

Answers

All replies

• You should give more details on your issue. As a general rule: each applications runs in its own process wich accesses its own isolated memory. So, a general "one app uses memory of another app" can not happen...

More input please :)

Wednesday, May 26, 2010 7:16 PM
  • I'm running a remote access program called radmin, and also a graphical process control interface called Intouch.  Intouch has a memory manager, called Smartheap, with a default starting address of 0x60000000.  It requires contiguous memory, and uses 32mb.  I have seen notes about issues with mouse drivers being allocated a section of memory within the 32mb that Smartheap uses.  I wanted to check this on my machine, but none of the Control Panel Driver tabs list memory addresses like I'm used to with other versions of Windows.  I wondered if there was a simple way to get a list of what memory was being used by each application or driver.
    Wednesday, May 26, 2010 7:44 PM
  • Process Monitor should do the job:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896645.aspx

You can view the address and size of every process and module with this tool.

hth

Gregor Stefka

Wednesday, May 26, 2010 8:44 PM