Barcode and Label Printing Addon RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All Smile

I would like to connect to SCE and be able to interact with a label printer and a barcode reader.
    I would like to be able to generate/assign a personal code to every HW (Pcs and servers), print it and read this printed label with a barcode reader to fast retrieve HW informations .
    Just at SDK level, could it be possible?

Regards

Fulvio

Wednesday, March 26, 2008 7:37 PM

Answers

• Hi,

SCE has the feature to deploy Software package(*.msi or*.exe) to client computers, so if these code could be generated to a MSI or EXE file,then it could be deploy to all the computers which are managed by SCE.

Hope it helsp.

Best regards,
    Xiu Zhang - MSFT
    Friday, March 28, 2008 10:17 AM

All replies

• Hi,

SCE has the feature to deploy Software package(*.msi or*.exe) to client computers, so if these code could be generated to a MSI or EXE file,then it could be deploy to all the computers which are managed by SCE.

Hope it helsp.

Best regards,
    Xiu Zhang - MSFT
    Friday, March 28, 2008 10:17 AM
  • Hi there,

On the subject of label printing i would have to admit that i never really had much luck with printing out my labels. I use to spend more time messing around with my label printer than getting my labels printed. In the end i decided to give up on the whole DIY approach and i found a british labels company to do all my label printing for me, they saved me so much hassle.
    Monday, May 12, 2008 8:48 AM