none
odata from Excel 2013: error 403 forbidden RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hi,

    I'm trying to create odata reports from Project Online/Excel 2013. I have full admin rights in the O365 tenant and PWAs.

    I got this 403 error with a forbidden message:

    When I enter the url in a browser, I've got this "resource not found for the segment "projects":

    Even with PowerPivot, I still have a 403 error:

    Any ideas?

    Thanks in advance.


    Hope this helps,


    Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, MCC |

    Thursday, April 21, 2016 9:18 AM
    Moderator

All replies

  • Hi,

    please check the language used to set up instance. I saw similar issues when instance was craeted in German, I assume yours is French. In this case, you need to add "[en-US]/" ( /_api/ProjectData/[en-US]/Projects) to get English field names. Not sure about French - quite a time ago - but I assume you would be successful when using Projets (?)instead of Projects, since this might be your default language.

    Is my assumption correct?
    Barbara


    To increase the value of this forum, please mark the replies that helped to solve your issue as answer. If you find answers to questions from other forum participants to be helpful, please mark them as helpful. Your participation will help others to find an appropriate solution faster. Thanks for your support!

    Thursday, April 21, 2016 9:41 AM
    Moderator
  • I agree with Barbara, I have this issue all the time when I'm in Dutch environments (usually followed by a face plant because I switch between EN and NL daily).

    The XML also shows that the tenant is in fr-FR.

    Hope your issue get's resolved with this, to check the correct  value for Projects in Franch (might not be your logical choise of word) just select the _API/ProjectData/ URL because that is still in English.

    Kind regards,

    Erik

    Thursday, April 21, 2016 11:04 AM
  • Thanks Barbara and Erick for your help.

    It's getting better.

    I tried with this one: pwa/_api/ProjectData/[fr-fr]/Ressources, which is working fine.

    But as long as I try to add a filter: pwa/_api/ProjectData/[fr-fr]/Ressources()?$select=IdRessource,NomRessource

    to get only the resource id (IdRessource) and resource name (NomRessource), then I get an error saying that the "ressources" table may not exist.


    Hope this helps,


    Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, MCC |

    Thursday, April 21, 2016 12:25 PM
    Moderator
  • Hi,

    delete "/Ressources" to get a list of existing table.

    But in my opinion, you can omit [fr-fr]. The instance language is French, as Erik saw in your screenshot.

    So you can use

    •  /_api/ProjectData/[en-US]/ to get fields in English
    •  /_api/ProjectData/ to get fields in French
    • and also  /_api/ProjectData/[fr-FR]/ to force fields in French, what is not necessary in this case.

    There may be another reason for not being able to use IdRessource,NomRessource - but I can't remember the exact error message. When the admin added a field with a reserved name in used language, your query will not work. Have a look at Brian's post: https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/projectsupport/2015/06/19/project-online-and-odatareserved-words/

    Regards
    Barbara


    To increase the value of this forum, please mark the replies that helped to solve your issue as answer. If you find answers to questions from other forum participants to be helpful, please mark them as helpful. Your participation will help others to find an appropriate solution faster. Thanks for your support!


    Thursday, April 21, 2016 12:38 PM
    Moderator