Google Chrome RRS feed

• Question

• How do i get google chrome to work on 64 bit?
    Sunday, January 11, 2009 7:22 PM

Answers

• Create a shortcut to chrome and put it on your desktop, right click on the shortcut and go to its properties. Append the following to the end of the target, " --in-process-plugins", without the quotes. Make sure there is a space between .exe and that string. 
    • Proposed as answer by Leifsp Sunday, January 11, 2009 8:18 PM
    • Marked as answer by Alex T Jr Friday, January 16, 2009 5:02 AM
    Sunday, January 11, 2009 7:44 PM
  • Aside from the comment by sharp65, it is a known issue that Chrome is not functioning correctly in Windows 7.  This is something that Google will have to update to get it fully functional.
    ~Alex T.~Windows Desktop Experience MVP~
    • Marked as answer by Alex T Jr Friday, January 16, 2009 5:03 AM
    Friday, January 16, 2009 5:03 AM

All replies

• Create a shortcut to chrome and put it on your desktop, right click on the shortcut and go to its properties. Append the following to the end of the target, " --in-process-plugins", without the quotes. Make sure there is a space between .exe and that string. 
    • Proposed as answer by Leifsp Sunday, January 11, 2009 8:18 PM
    • Marked as answer by Alex T Jr Friday, January 16, 2009 5:02 AM
    Sunday, January 11, 2009 7:44 PM
  • It doesn't work for me.
    Sunday, January 11, 2009 7:53 PM
  • It worked perfectly here.  Thank you so much!
    Sunday, January 11, 2009 8:18 PM
  • hmm did not work for me either.
    Monday, January 12, 2009 5:42 AM
  • Initially it didn't work for me but, after I made sure there were 2 dashes at the beginning it worked fine.
    Wednesday, January 14, 2009 1:42 AM
  • I'm not exactly sure what's wrong with Chrome, but using the in-process-plugins switch has been a problem for me a few times because I seem to get Adobe Flash crashes every so often, which crashes the tab. Also, when loading a URL from an alternate source (from within explorer or an email) Chrome won't load pages unless I already have an instance of the app already initiated with the in-process-plugins switch. Just a few small hassles, but it makes me wonder what Windows 7 does differently that makes Chrome unable to separate plugins from tabs, or whatever's happening.
    Wednesday, January 14, 2009 3:54 AM
  • i have the same problems. tab crashes, pages not loading, flash not working, and the infamous yahoo mail bug. i haven't seen any solutions yet :(
    Wednesday, January 14, 2009 5:07 AM
  • Aside from the comment by sharp65, it is a known issue that Chrome is not functioning correctly in Windows 7.  This is something that Google will have to update to get it fully functional.
    ~Alex T.~Windows Desktop Experience MVP~
    • Marked as answer by Alex T Jr Friday, January 16, 2009 5:03 AM
    Friday, January 16, 2009 5:03 AM
  • worked fine for me too just watch the space
    Sunday, January 18, 2009 12:55 PM
  • it work's!

great!

ty
    Sunday, January 18, 2009 3:09 PM