locked
RSAT on Windows 7 responds very slow - DC Windows 2008 RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hi All,

    My DC is have Windows Server 2008 R2 OS. We have been administering the domain using RSAT from Windows 7. When we Search queries and any operation takes long to complete. Sometimes up to 1 minute to complete. Some times it wont respond also.

    Please help me to fix this issue.

    Regards

    MNYash


    Friday, May 6, 2011 6:08 AM

All replies

  • Hello Mahesh,

    Is the DC and the windows 7 client in the same site? Is the network connection between them stable?


    Thanks and Regards
    Scorpio_Milo
    MCTS: Windows Vista | Exchange Server 2007
    MCITP: Enterprise Support Technician
    MCITP: Server & Enterprise Administrator
    Microsoft Infrastructure Consultant
    Enterprise Service: Solution Architect
    Microsoft Storage Team - File Cabinet Blog
    My Blog
    Contact me

    Saturday, May 7, 2011 1:49 PM
  • Hi,

    Yes DC and Windows 7 Is in the Same site. And Network Connection is Stable.

     


    Regards MNYash
    Monday, May 9, 2011 4:36 AM
  • Please focus on your original thread: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7itproperf/thread/0b5bbd2b-1b65-499e-a152-b1a4610647ea

    Regards,

    Miya


    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. | Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Monday, May 9, 2011 7:03 AM
  • Hi,

    I am not getting any reply for that thread, So Raised a new thread.

     

     

     


    Regards

    MNYash


    Monday, May 9, 2011 7:05 AM
  • Hi MNYash,

    I'm trying to involve someone familiar with this topic to further look at this issue. There might be some time delay. Appreciate your patience.

    Thanks for your understanding and support.

    Regards,

    Miya


    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. | Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Thursday, May 12, 2011 9:50 AM

  • 1) Can we get an example of a query that is taking a long time
    2) Which RSAT admin tool are they using?  Active Directory Users and Computers?
    Ketan Thakkar | Microsoft Online Community Support
    Friday, May 20, 2011 10:05 AM
  • Hi,

    Yes we are using , Active Directory Users and Computers .

    Query is like searching a user, computer etc.


    MNYash
    Friday, May 20, 2011 10:13 AM
  • Hi MNYash,

    I have a few additional questions for you:

    1. Is your console targeted to a DC in your site?  By default it points to the PDC Emulator. 
    2. Does the query take the same amount of time when executed directly from the Windows 2008 R2 DC? 
    3. Are you restricting your search to only the type of object you are searching for?  For instance, users, computers, groups?
    4. When you use LDP or some other LDAP browser is the behavior the same?

    Thanks,

    Kim Nichols

     

     


    Friday, May 20, 2011 2:53 PM
  • Hey There,

    Assuming that the searched don't take any time at all on the DC, just wondering, did you ever get issues connecting ADUC to the domain, or have to specify the DC? Did you clone your DC, and re-use it, possibly in another DC, what I'm driving at there is possible conflicting spn/sid. We had a simillar issue when a DC was cloned on another VM Host and not Sysprepped.

     

    Cheers.

     

    Chris.

    Sysadmin

    HBG Group Tasmania.

    Thursday, August 11, 2011 4:29 AM
  • Hi..I'm experiencing the same problem -> RSAT on Win7 Prof 64bit, Win2K3 Native Domain. Specifics: 1/2 the time or more when double-clicking an acct to go into it's Properties, expanding OU tree's, clicking on an OU or Container...pretty much anything causes a delay of 10-20seconds, instead of fairly instantaneous display of operation. This isn't resolved by a reboot as I've rebooted my laptop often. I've tried changing the DC I'm connecting to, and that didn't help. And, this is ADUC (haven't needed to be in Domains & Trusts or Sites & Services. I believe this also happens in my GPO Mgmt snap-in. I use my Admin Tools in a self-created MMC, then add Snap-ins to it. I do NOT go to the Start menu -> Admin Tools then open/use ADUC, etc. I have tried using it that way, but with the same result (delayed responses).

     

    Looking for a solution.

    Thanks,

    Shane

    Senior Systems Administrator

    twitter: @coolsport00


    Shane
    Friday, September 16, 2011 1:46 PM
  • Hey guys

    As you can see here http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/w7itpronetworking/thread/e950bf1d-8b4a-46e9-baf8-4bae53061343 we have this problems over a year now. Also RSAT SP1 wasn't resolving this really anoying bug. Disabling Netbios over TCPIP will help a little bit, but we still need Netbios so it's not a solution for us.

    So would be really nice if someone could finally investigate this bug.

    Wayne

    Monday, December 5, 2011 11:46 AM