Activesync software for rx1950 RRS feed

• Question

•  

I am looking for the software to load on to my computer so that my handheld and computer will synchronise.

Does anyone know where to find it on the website or where I can get a disc to load it from?

Thanx so much

Monday, June 18, 2007 11:46 AM

All replies

• When you say software, do you mean drivers for the device, or sync software.

If it is sync software, then try http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/devicecenter.mspx

Follow the step by step and then download and install the relevant language file. I have V6.0.6783 but see that there is now v6.1 available which supports WM6 devices and which I will download this evening. Only gripe with this is that where activeSync used to give the option to choose when there is a conflict between device and pc, there are only generic settings in WMDC 6.

Just a reminder to check that your firewall settings allow the port which active sync/Windows Mobile Device Center uses.

In OneCare the route to do this is Change OneCare settings/ Firewall/Advanced Settings/Ports&Protocols/Active Sync and ensure the check box is enabled

For other firewalls, you will have to request help from users of those products.

If your device is still not recognised, try changing the USB to PC connection method (if available) in the Settings/Connections page

Hope this helps.

Wednesday, June 20, 2007 5:44 PM