none
The server couldn't complete this action. Error Code: 0x88ffc008 RRS feed

• Question

• I received this error message "The server couldn't complete this action. Error Code: 0x88ffc008" when tempted to share a OneNote documents with others.

This document is already shared with others so I am not sure why I can not do it again. And yes, when I did so my computer is connected to our corporate domain

Any advice?

Wednesday, April 2, 2014 4:45 PM

All replies

• Hi Ogali,

Could you share us a screenshot about this issue?

Could other types of documents (e.g. word, excel, ppt) be shared successfully from SharePoint server?

Have you tried sign out and sign in again in your Onenote application?

Thanks

Daniel Yang
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, April 3, 2014 12:40 PM
  • I'm having the same error in Excel.  Windows explorer is showing an error icon on the file.  When I open the file I see an "OFFLINE COPY" message at the bottom.  I never specifically designated this file as "OFFLINE".  When I click on the "OFFLINE COPY" message it just takes me to the file menu and gives me no clue how to change it to an online copy or how/why it was designated as an offline copy in the first place.  CRAPPY USER EXPERIENCE!  Anyway, when I try to share it I get the same error that Ogali mentioned above.  HELP!

Also I tried to upload screenshots, but I get a message telling that I can't because my account must be verified first.  Now idea how to verify the account either.  Another "lovely" user experience :)

• Edited by TEL_SP Thursday, April 30, 2015 4:40 PM
    Thursday, April 30, 2015 4:38 PM
  • Hi

try this:

1、change the Hosts file,add following:

134.170.108.26 onedrive.live.com

134.170.108.154 onedrive.live.com

2、clear DNS cacheipconfig/flushdns

3、clear browser cache

顺其自然地勇往直前!—Justin Liu

Friday, April 8, 2016 5:56 AM
  • what does the IPaddress 134.170.108.26 refer to ? 

onedrive server of Microsoft ?

Monday, August 28, 2017 2:30 AM