none
SCVMM Permissions on Cluster Storage

Question

• Hi. I initially posted this in the HA Forum where i got directed to this specific forum.

Hello

Im currently unable to live migrate a VM to another host within SCVMM 2016

SCVMM Server is Windows 2016, all Hosts are currently still on 2012 R2.

This has worked two days ago and I am unaware of any changes made to the involved systems. All hosts and the SCVMM Server havent appplied updates and havent been rebooted since. It just stoppped working. Interesstingly, Live Migration with Failover Cluster Manager is working fine.

I get the error 20552 saying that VMM doesnt have sufficient permissions on the VHDX of the VM. Also tells me to make sure credssp auth is enabled on the hosts with the command "winrm set winrm/config/service/auth @{CredSSP="true". I did this on every host but it did nothing for the problem.

When I check effective permissions on the vhdx for the computer account of the VMM Server it has full access.

Is there any ressource where I can find explicitly stated what accounts need which permissions for what files?

edit: I also cant refresh a single VM, throws the exact same error 20552, however refreshing of the cluster works.

Friday, February 2, 2018 1:44 PM

All replies