Dell MP 7.0 scom 1807 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I've installed installed Dell mp 7.0 on scom 1807 and it installed ok and allowed me to import the features with no errors. However it doesn't changed in the management state from not installed and in the dell monitoring feature task the import does not go away and replace its self with set commands. I have 4 MS and have installed all of this on the first one and the only on with the console.

Any help would be great.

THanks

Michael  

Wednesday, August 8, 2018 12:09 PM

All replies

• Hi,

For this issue, perhaps Dell has more resources to look into the MP with SCOM 1807. We may submit a case with Dell support and hope they can help.

In addition, from below articles, it is not mentioned that the MP applies to SCOM 1801/1807, it supports up to SCOM 2016.

Dell EMC Server Management Pack Suite v7.0 for Microsoft System Center Operations Manager
    https://www.dell.com/support/home/sg/en/sgbsdt1/drivers/driversdetails?driverid=9xt2d

Known Issues and resolutions
    Dell EMC Server Management Pack Suite Version 7.0 for Microsoft System Center Operations Manager Release Notes
    https://www.dell.com/support/manuals/sg/en/sgdhs1/server-management-pack-suite-v7.0/server-management-pack-suite-v7.0-rn/known-issues-and-resolutions?guid=guid-29016e35-bdac-4982-b971-66ae160dcc82&lang=en-us

Hope the above information helps.

-----------------------------------------------

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.
    Thursday, August 9, 2018 1:02 AM
  • Hi,

Yeah I turn on logging and found the issue.

Microsoft.SystemCenter.OutofBand.SMASH.Library is not present, Cannot import the Dell Server Out-Of-Band Mps

I'm just not sure how to fix it for scom 1807 as I can only find Microsoft.SystemCenter.OutofBand.SMASH.Library for scom 2012?

Michael

Thursday, August 9, 2018 8:47 AM
  • I don't think that's your issue - log a case with Dell, They'll tell you the SCOM MP isn't compatible with 1807, I logged this with them 3 months ago and complained that there is no mention of the limitations from Dell, you have to waste your time going through tech support escalations to finally be given the truth for something. Use my SR# if it helps - Dell SR#977336703.

“I am seeking clarification on exactly what the error is – are there any manual workarounds that can be applied or beta releases I could obtain with the fix.”

At the moment there are no workarounds for the condition. The Dell management pack 7.1 will be support the SCOM 1801 in September.

“Am I the first client to report this issue? Why are there no records of this incompatibility online? Why isn’t there a known incompatibility on Dells Download page?” 

•	It is our understanding that you are not the first to experience the issue as the issue is global.
    •	There are only internal DELL documentation on the matter, we are checking if we can get something published that indicate the incompatibility. 
    •	We are also pursuing a possible BETA to be made available, although it would be better to wait until September and get the final release of 7.1.

I shall have more details (Beta and Docs) next week.

• Edited by freshcakes Thursday, September 20, 2018 11:40 PM
    Thursday, September 20, 2018 11:38 PM
  • Hi

Do you have any update on this? We are also struggling with Dell MP and SCOM 1807. 

I cant find any newer Dell MP then 7.0

Friday, January 25, 2019 8:31 AM
  • I to am experiencing this same issue with Dell Management Pack Version 7.0 for SCOM.  It always says Success for the Task but the Feature Management State never seems to update.  Has anyone resolved this issue yet?

Feature Name Description Monitoring Level In Use Version Available Version Total Node Count Required License Count Licensed Feature Event Auto-Resolution
    Chassis Modular Server Correlation Perform correlation between Dell Chassis and Dell Modular Server Not Installed Not Installed 7.0 Not Applicable Not Applicable No Not Applicable
    Chassis Monitoring Monitor Dell chassis devices i.e. CMCs and DRAC/MCs Not Installed Not Installed 7.0 0 Not Applicable No Not Applicable
    DRAC Monitoring Monitor Integrated Dell remote access devices i.e. iDRACs Not Installed Not Installed 7.0 0 Not Applicable No Not Applicable
    Server and Rack Workstation Monitoring Monitor Dell PowerEdge and PowerVault Servers Not Installed Not Installed 7.0 0 Not Applicable No Not Applicable
    Server and Rack Workstation Monitoring (Licensed) Monitor Dell PowerEdge Servers (Licensed) Not Installed Not Installed 7.0 0 0 Yes Disabled

Status Task Name Schedule Time Submitted By Task Target Class Category Task Description
    Succeeded Refresh Node Count 04/15/2019 4:03:25 PM
    Dell Monitoring Feature Custom Refresh Node Count
    Succeeded Refresh Dashboard 04/15/2019 3:58:58 PM
    Dell Monitoring Feature Custom Refreshes the dashboard displaying the monitoring features.
    Succeeded Import DRAC Monitoring Feature 04/15/2019 3:57:43 PM
    Dell DRAC Monitoring Feature (not installed) Operations Task to import DRAC Monitoring Feature
    Succeeded Refresh Dashboard 04/15/2019 3:51:55 PM
    Dell Monitoring Feature Custom Refreshes the dashboard displaying the monitoring features.
    Succeeded Import Detailed Feature 04/15/2019 3:41:15 PM
    Dell Server and Rack Workstation Monitoring Feature (License-Free not installed) Operations Task to import Detailed Feature (License-Free)
    Succeeded Refresh Dashboard 04/09/2019 2:29:36 PM
    Succeeded Refresh Node Count 04/09/2019 2:28:35 PM
    Dell Monitoring Feature Custom Refresh Node Count

• Edited by Darthmore Monday, April 15, 2019 9:06 PM
    Monday, April 15, 2019 9:05 PM