"A connection was abortively closed after one of the peers sent an RST packet" RRS feed

• Question

• Hey,

I'm trying to setup some web application access from the UAG... and the TMG is dropping all my outside's port 80 requests.
    I'm trying to surf the UAG's web server to see the portal and I get :

Initiated Connection UAG-APP 10/14/2009 12:52:03 AM
    Log type: Firewall service
    Rule: ALL
    Source: External (192.168.1.60:1868)
    Destination: Local Host (192.168.1.61:80)
    Protocol: HTTP

and then :

Closed Connection UAG-APP 10/14/2009 12:52:07 AM
    Log type: Firewall service
    Status: A connection was abortively closed after one of the peers sent an RST packet. 
    Rule: ALL
    Source: External (192.168.1.60:1868)
    Destination: Local Host (192.168.1.61:80)
    Protocol: HTTP

I dont understand why, Ive created even some "ANY2ANY" rule that allo all traffic from all networks to all networks ...
    any Ideas ? thank you.
    Tuesday, October 13, 2009 10:59 PM

Answers

• Sharon_A,

Sounds like you have a device that is between the UAG server and the internet. Make sure this is not blocking traffic from the UAG server.

Dan Watson
    • Marked as answer by Erez Benari Thursday, October 22, 2009 2:09 PM
    Tuesday, October 20, 2009 9:25 PM

All replies

• Sharon_A,

Sounds like you have a device that is between the UAG server and the internet. Make sure this is not blocking traffic from the UAG server.

Dan Watson
    • Marked as answer by Erez Benari Thursday, October 22, 2009 2:09 PM
    Tuesday, October 20, 2009 9:25 PM
  • I am having the same issue. I have published a SharePoint site through TMG. In the logging i see that my reqest is received by the TMG, but it doesnt forward the traffic to the Web server in the Internal Network.

In the error is specifies my external IP address, but in the destination it says that the destination is the TMG server and not the web server.

Any thoughts ?

Lionel

Tuesday, November 15, 2011 12:54 PM
  • Hi Lionel,

This forum is for UAG related questions. Sound like you better ask the question on the TMG forum ...

Specific to this issue, it sound like you have some firewall between the TMG and the SharePoint that may block the request.

It is normal to see the TMG address when using publishing rule.

Ophir.

Tuesday, November 15, 2011 1:16 PM