Unable to Launch App-V applications RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am unable to launch App-V applications through citrix receiver. I receive "Cannot Start" or "App-V Server Sync Failure" error. I am able to configure a connection to App-V management server (5.1) from my citrix studio (VDA 7.12). I am able to view my applications in my storefront, however I receive the above errors when trying to launch the applications.  I have installed Appv client for RDS on my citrix member servers. I am able to run "Sync-AppvPublishingServer" successfully. Any assistance in this regard will be great as I am new to APP-V.

I have sequence applications in windows 2012 and my client is windows 2008 r2 - would this cause an issue. The application I am testing is just notepad plus.

Thursday, March 23, 2017 9:20 AM

All replies

• Although this is not best practice (you should always sequence on the lowest lvl OS), it should work. Did you only test out 1 application, or are all of your apps having this issue.

How are you publishing your apps (to user or to system)?
    Are your packages 100% mounted?

I had start issues in the past (published apps through XenApp 6) where the userlogon was to fast, and appv was still publishing, resulting in a similar error. Back than I created a workaround to publishing to a scriptwrapper, which would wait for appv to complete before touching the shortcut.
    If you're not using XenApp for full desktop an other option would be to publish all apps globally and mount them 100% (for performance impact). In such cases also have a look at Shared Content Store mode.

Roy Essers

Sunday, March 26, 2017 10:28 PM