Windows 10 - Remove AutoClick Feature RRS feed

• Question

• I have arthritis and I had finally managed to get Windows 7 to quit autoclicking things. Now I am faced with a cursor that moves itself places I didn't intend and its presence is causing things to happen that I have never intended to have happen. I have tried the adjustments that are in the settings area. The only thing that has changed is that I cannot get things to happen easily when I do click on them. If anything the "delay" feature for the autoclick actually happens faster.  I am using the touchpad and not a mouse which has become too difficult for me. I really need this feature turned off!
    Sunday, September 25, 2016 5:55 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Please try the following steps and see if it helps.

Go to:

start>type 'mouse'>hardware>properties>driver>update driver

After that the options for the touchpad change and you are able to turn off auto click and adjust touchpad settings.

Best Regards,

Tao

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, September 27, 2016 9:31 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Please try the following steps and see if it helps.

Go to:

start>type 'mouse'>hardware>properties>driver>update driver

After that the options for the touchpad change and you are able to turn off auto click and adjust touchpad settings.

Best Regards,

Tao

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, September 27, 2016 9:31 AM
  • Hi,

We haven’t heard from you for a couple of days, have you solved the problem?  We are looking forward to your good news.

Best Regards,

Tao

Thursday, October 6, 2016 6:36 AM