ADFS Device Registration: MSIS7117: Unsupported version '1.0' returned in client response. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We have installed ADFS & WAP and enabled Device Registration

When we try to add a work account using Microsoft Authenticator we get an error has occurred.

If we look in the logs from our ADFS servers we see the following:

Microsoft.IdentityServer.Web.DeviceTokenCollectionManager.DeviceSecurityTokenException: MSIS7117: Unsupported version '1.0' returned in client response.

Does somebody know how to solve this issue?

Kind regards,
    Hans Mannaerts

Met vriendelijke groeten, Salutations/Best regards, Hans Mannaerts

Monday, January 16, 2017 9:49 AM

All replies

• What authentication protocol you have used? Also check in adfs event viewer for the error logs

Monday, January 16, 2017 1:56 PM
  • What version of AD FS are you using? What is the client OS? Are you using Azure AD DRS or AD FS DRS?

http://blog.auth360.net

Tuesday, January 17, 2017 6:44 PM
  • Hi,

We are using Azure AD DRS (Android) in combination with ADFS 2016.

But I just solved the problem. We were using CNG certs and that worked fine.
    We could login using a browser on Windows/Android/IOS. But when we tried to connect
    using one of the microsoft apps (Authenticator, Company portal, Word,....) we received an error.

We changed the certificate to CSP and everything started working again.

• Marked as answer by Hans Mannaerts Wednesday, January 18, 2017 7:54 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by Hans Mannaerts Wednesday, January 18, 2017 7:54 AM
    Wednesday, January 18, 2017 7:54 AM
  • I've spoken to soon the problem is still there.

We reverted back to adfs 3.0

Friday, February 10, 2017 9:53 AM
  • Hi, i had the same problem when trying to login from mobile apps and was able to solve it by first disabling  "Alternate Login ID" Clam Descriptor  then the mobile skype for business app started working and after also disabling "Device Registration" the other mobile microsoft apps started working. 

i could also enable "Alternate Login ID" again since we wanted that and it is still working :)

i have not tried to enable "Device Registration" when "Alternate Login ID" is disabled.

BR

Daniel R

Wednesday, March 22, 2017 1:50 PM
  • Hi, 

Before i too revert to ADFS 3.0 does anyone have any more info on this error when using apps like Company portal etc from IOS\Android and other mobile apps?

Exception triggers error page for relying party 'Microsoft Office 365 Identity Platform': Exception: MSIS7117: Unsupported version '1.0' returned in client response.

Br,

Chris

Thursday, June 22, 2017 12:08 PM