none
netsh wlan show profiles name=[profile name] key=clear batch file RRS feed

• Question

• i want to make a bat.file for this command : netsh wlan show profiles name=[profile name] key=clear.

when i start the bat.file, i want to only write in the network name, and just press enter. and then the network key will show.

can you help me please??

ps, sorry for bad english...

Tuesday, November 4, 2014 2:29 PM

Answers

• Hi, 

if the wireless profiles that has been registered on your PC\Laptop, then we can use  show profile name=“ProfileName” key=clear  to show a security information. 

For me, I just use the whole comand together to get the security info, but according to your description, you want to type the ProfileName in a dialogue box or a pop-up box or something else, then automatically get the security key, actually, to achieve this goal, I suggest you post in the Scripting Forum, maybe they have a workground

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/scriptcenter/en-US/home?category=scripting

Yolanda Zhu
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, November 6, 2014 8:54 AM

All replies

• i want to make a bat.file for this command : netsh wlan show profiles name=[profile name] key=clear.

when i start the bat.file, i want to only write in the network name, and just press enter. and then the network key will show.

can you help me please??

ps, sorry for bad english...

i think something like this(can't finish, because don't know how), and i dont ewen know if this command is properly written, please edith and share it. :)

@echo off
    :home
    title net password
    color a
    cls
    echo.
    echo network
    echo=============
    echo.
    echo [1] input ssid
    echo [2] exit
    echo.
    set /p op=
    if %op%==1 goto 1
    if %op%==2 goto 2
    :1
    color a
    cls
    echo network key
    echo ================================
    echo.
    Set /p username=Username:
    netsh wlan show profiles name=[username] key=clear

Tuesday, November 4, 2014 5:24 PM
  • Hi, 

if the wireless profiles that has been registered on your PC\Laptop, then we can use  show profile name=“ProfileName” key=clear  to show a security information. 

For me, I just use the whole comand together to get the security info, but according to your description, you want to type the ProfileName in a dialogue box or a pop-up box or something else, then automatically get the security key, actually, to achieve this goal, I suggest you post in the Scripting Forum, maybe they have a workground

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/scriptcenter/en-US/home?category=scripting

Yolanda Zhu
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, November 6, 2014 8:54 AM
  • it was such an easy fix

at the bottom of the code with the netsh wlan show profile part it should say this

netsh wlan show profile "%username%" key = clear

Pause

done.

• Edited by Exile-Envy Thursday, March 21, 2019 9:57 AM
    Thursday, March 21, 2019 9:52 AM