none
Time synchronize

Question

• I hve two forest one is US domain Contoller and other is for india domain controller.

In US  domain Controller i config US time zone and for india DC i choose india Time zone

two way forest trust is created.

now on client machine. Client machine is join in india domain.

and doth DC user can login in india domain.

When india domain user login the time is correct But when US domain user login in this domain so time is not change

it still show india DC time.

my problem is this if US user login in india DC so time not change why....

• Changed type AwinishModerator Tuesday, January 17, 2017 6:49 AM Its a question
    Saturday, January 7, 2017 6:33 AM

Answers

• Enable this setting in Default Domain Policy in both domains:
    Computer Configuration/Administrative Templates/System/Group Policy/Allow Cross- forest user policy

Create one GPO with logon script in first domain and another in second domain.
    Tuesday, January 17, 2017 7:37 AM
  • Hi,
    Regarding script to set time zone, you could refer to the suggested ones in the following articles:
    Script to change the time zone in Windows 7 or Windows 8 (PowerShell)
    https://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/scriptcenter/Script-to-change-the-time-f8f86cb4
    Set-TimeZone function (PowerShell)
    https://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/scriptcenter/Set-TimeZone-function-b5ed93b5
    And regarding to deploy logon script in GPO, please refer to:
    Creating the GPO to Deploy the Script
    https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee431705(v=ws.10).aspx
    Best regards,
    Wendy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Wednesday, January 18, 2017 6:56 AM
  • Hi,

Logon script in the GPO is User Configuration which will only affect user accounts, so you might need to link the GPO to the US users.

Best regards,

Wendy

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Friday, January 20, 2017 9:25 AM
  • Hi,
    The PDC Emulator of the Forest Root Domain is considered as the best time source in an Active Directory forest. Other domain controllers in the Forest Root Domain use it for time synchronization while domain controllers in child domains use the PDC Emulator or any domain controller from parent domain for time synchronization. Member servers and Workstation use domain controllers in their domain for time synchronization. With this hierarchy, we can maintain a reliable time synchronization system that allows avoiding Kerberos failure issues in an Active Directory domain. This configuration is by default in an Active Directory forest and does not need to be changed.
    And if the time is not synced, you could have a try the following the article to sync time and see if it works:
    https://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/18573.time-synchronization-in-active-directory-forests.aspx
    Best regards,
    Wendy

• Marked as answer by Prateek Korali Friday, September 29, 2017 12:36 PM
    Monday, January 30, 2017 2:44 AM
  • Time zone is computer based setting and configure at computer level not the user level

or You can configure logon script that will change the timezone whenever user logon on to a system

http://www.windowstricks.in/2009/07/time-server.html

Regards www.windowstricks.in

Monday, January 16, 2017 5:48 PM
  • You can configure a logon script for time zone changing, as it was mentioned above by Ganesamoorthy, but let me explain you how this will works:
    Let's assume you have all India users in OU India and all US users in OU US. You create a GPO that set US time zone and link it to US OU. You create another policy for India OU.  When user from India logs into a terminal server, logon script set server's time zone = India time zone. But then US user logs into the same terminal server and server's time zone changes again, even if India user is still working, furthermore, all logged users will see time as US time, due to last logged user is US user  
    Tuesday, January 17, 2017 6:07 AM

All replies

• Hi,

user's workstation obtains time from DC in UTC (Coordinated Universal Time)  format.
    Display time is calculated as a system time+ time zone adjust.

Time zone setting is stored locally on workstation in registry and this setting is not depend on user's location. 

You can create a GPO to update time zone registry settings.

Monday, January 9, 2017 7:23 AM
  • so it possible that single clent machine can show two time

means one is us time and another is india.

Monday, January 16, 2017 10:36 AM
  • Hi

Please also tell me how  i create GPO for 2 time zone. (US and INDIA)

Monday, January 16, 2017 10:38 AM
  • Hi,

please check following link:
    Group Policy to set the time zone

But you should take into account that you can't configure different time zones for two or more users. who are logged in to the same computer at the same time. 

Monday, January 16, 2017 1:49 PM
  • Hi

so if is restart that system it show be change the time zone.

Monday, January 16, 2017 2:36 PM
  • Time zone is computer based setting and configure at computer level not the user level

or You can configure logon script that will change the timezone whenever user logon on to a system

http://www.windowstricks.in/2009/07/time-server.html

Regards www.windowstricks.in

Monday, January 16, 2017 5:48 PM
  • Hii

So its not possible that a single machine show different time zone for differnet domain controller

Tuesday, January 17, 2017 5:33 AM
  • You can configure a logon script for time zone changing, as it was mentioned above by Ganesamoorthy, but let me explain you how this will works:
    Let's assume you have all India users in OU India and all US users in OU US. You create a GPO that set US time zone and link it to US OU. You create another policy for India OU.  When user from India logs into a terminal server, logon script set server's time zone = India time zone. But then US user logs into the same terminal server and server's time zone changes again, even if India user is still working, furthermore, all logged users will see time as US time, due to last logged user is US user  
    Tuesday, January 17, 2017 6:07 AM
  • When you talk about single machine, you can change the time zone manually. Again, time change has no effect on login as time zone is obtained in UTC format as said by others.

Awinish Vishwakarma
    MY BLOG
    Disclaimer:This posting is provided AS-IS with no warranties/guarantees and confers no right.

Tuesday, January 17, 2017 6:50 AM
  • Hi

i have two domain contoller (US Domian and India Domain)

i have created forest tust between domains.

NOW my pc is join in India Domian and configure time zone manually.

now i logon in with Us domain User in that pc(join in India domain).

it shown india time zone Insted of US time.

pc is join in India domain but i login with US domain user.

pls help to change time zone

Tuesday, January 17, 2017 7:28 AM
  • Enable this setting in Default Domain Policy in both domains:
    Computer Configuration/Administrative Templates/System/Group Policy/Allow Cross- forest user policy

Create one GPO with logon script in first domain and another in second domain.
    Tuesday, January 17, 2017 7:37 AM
  • Hi 

how can i do this please help me to creating log on script

also tell how to create in GPO.

thanks

Tuesday, January 17, 2017 8:13 AM
  • Hi

Can u please tell me which type of logon script i created and How.

Tuesday, January 17, 2017 12:42 PM
  • Hi,
    Regarding script to set time zone, you could refer to the suggested ones in the following articles:
    Script to change the time zone in Windows 7 or Windows 8 (PowerShell)
    https://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/scriptcenter/Script-to-change-the-time-f8f86cb4
    Set-TimeZone function (PowerShell)
    https://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/scriptcenter/Set-TimeZone-function-b5ed93b5
    And regarding to deploy logon script in GPO, please refer to:
    Creating the GPO to Deploy the Script
    https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee431705(v=ws.10).aspx
    Best regards,
    Wendy

Wednesday, January 18, 2017 6:56 AM
  • Hi

Which Group Policy is work.

for example:

I have two Domain (US Domain and India Domain). (Forest trust is Created).

In both domain i configure Group Policy with logon script (Time Zone).

Now my pc is join in India domian and i login with US Domian user so which Group Policy is apply 

on US user (which is login in indai domain).

Is Apply Indian GPO or US GPO Policy.

Wednesday, January 18, 2017 8:45 AM
  • Hi,

Logon script in the GPO is User Configuration which will only affect user accounts, so you might need to link the GPO to the US users.

Best regards,

Wendy

Friday, January 20, 2017 9:25 AM
  • Hi,

I am checking how the issue going, if you still have any questions, please feel free to contact us.

And if the replies as above are helpful, we would appreciate you to mark them as answers, and if you resolve it using your own solution, please share your experience and solution here. It will be greatly helpful to others who have the same question.

Appreciate for your feedback.

Best regards,

Wendy

Monday, January 23, 2017 9:58 AM
  • Hi

Can you please tell me how i can synchronize Client machine Tme to Domain Controller

Friday, January 27, 2017 12:35 PM
  • Hi,
    The PDC Emulator of the Forest Root Domain is considered as the best time source in an Active Directory forest. Other domain controllers in the Forest Root Domain use it for time synchronization while domain controllers in child domains use the PDC Emulator or any domain controller from parent domain for time synchronization. Member servers and Workstation use domain controllers in their domain for time synchronization. With this hierarchy, we can maintain a reliable time synchronization system that allows avoiding Kerberos failure issues in an Active Directory domain. This configuration is by default in an Active Directory forest and does not need to be changed.
    And if the time is not synced, you could have a try the following the article to sync time and see if it works:
    https://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/18573.time-synchronization-in-active-directory-forests.aspx
    Best regards,
    Wendy

• Marked as answer by Prateek Korali Friday, September 29, 2017 12:36 PM
    Monday, January 30, 2017 2:44 AM