none
IAG 2007 SP2 Update 3, Win7 64bit, Remote Desktop - not working RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We've got an issue we're hoping to overcome.

IAG SP2 Update 3, works great with 32bit clients, but 64bit clients are failing to connect to terminal server. We presume this is due to a lack of socket forwarder support.

What options are available to get these clients working with a connection to Terminal Server? Will it work with a TS Gateway inbetween?

Chris

Thursday, February 25, 2010 11:43 AM

Answers

• I'm afraid the SSL components are not supported for 64 bit clients, so you won't be able to do this.
    Ben Ari
    Microsoft CSS IAG Support
    Sammamish, WA
    • Marked as answer by Erez Benari Thursday, March 18, 2010 11:47 PM
    Thursday, March 18, 2010 11:47 PM

All replies

• I don't know how it is failing for you, but it should work. A guess would be that you check that the 64bit client trusts the CA who issued the IAG portal trunk's certificate, and that the CRL for that cert is accessible by the client.

Friday, February 26, 2010 9:21 PM
  • Thanks for the suggestion, and also the hope, I (we) had suspected that this setup wasn't supported.

Logging into the Trunk isn't an issue, and it no certificate warnings appear - is there something to look for?

Once logged in, and choosing the Terminal Server applicaiton, we get prompted for User Credentails to the TS, then a certificate warning appears from the TServer (this is expected on the test setup and doesn't cause issues on the 32bit clients) we then proceed beyond this point, however it then fails, what appears to be happening is that the SSL Wrapper quits at that point (the blue/yellow arrows in the system tray disappear) , and we get a standard MSTSC dialogue box stating :

"The client could not establish a connection to the remote computer.

the most likely causes for this error are:
    1) Remote Connections might not be enabled at the remote computer
    2) The maximum number of connections was exceeded at the remote computer.
    3) A network error occurred while establishing the connection."

Any further thoughts?
    Chris

Monday, March 1, 2010 10:10 AM
  • I'm afraid the SSL components are not supported for 64 bit clients, so you won't be able to do this.
    Ben Ari
    Microsoft CSS IAG Support
    Sammamish, WA
    • Marked as answer by Erez Benari Thursday, March 18, 2010 11:47 PM
    Thursday, March 18, 2010 11:47 PM
  • Are you sure Ben because Remote Desktop works perfectly fine for me on my 64 bit Windows 7 machine connecting to my IAG SP2 update 3 gateway. The Network Connector won't work but RDP is fine.

Ciosh, when you log into your IAG, down on your taskbar right click the Portal Activiy icon and select "about"...is it version 4.0.1101.0? When you uppdae to update 3 did you remove the existing client from your Win7 64 machines and reinstall?

Update...of course Ben is right. I'm not using the "Socket Forwarding" component in my RDP config so I guess the question becomes "Do you need Socket Forwarding on this app?

Tuesday, March 23, 2010 1:59 AM
  • Update...of course Ben is right. I'm not using the "Socket Forwarding" component in my RDP config so I guess the question becomes "Do you need Socket Forwarding on this app?
    Tuesday, March 23, 2010 2:16 AM
  • RDP to 2k8 TS works for me with Vista 64bit client and socket forwarding is disabled

Wednesday, March 24, 2010 1:25 PM