locked
Permission problems for NT Authenticated Users in SharePoint 2010. RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hi Friends,

             Please help. NT Authenticated users have read permissions . End users are able to access sub sites but not the main site.

            inheritance is broken to sub sites . I have checked the all the masterpages, style library and resources have published and have permissions to access.

            Strange observation is i have added NT Authenticated users to group which has contribute rights. still the user can nont access main site but can access sub sites.

           Thanks in advance . your help is much appreciated.

    Thanks

     

    Wednesday, June 4, 2014 8:55 PM

Answers

  • Finally resolved the issue in webpart code which is on main page, tested and deployed.
    • Marked as answer by Tech-Fun Friday, June 6, 2014 2:01 PM
    Friday, June 6, 2014 2:01 PM

All replies

  • Hi,

    Did you check whether NT Authenticates users have permission in the main site, they might have got the access rights revoked while breaking inhertiance.


    Hope this helps!
    Ram - SharePoint Architect
    Blog - SharePointDeveloper.in
    Please vote or mark your question answered, if my reply helps you

    Wednesday, June 4, 2014 9:31 PM
  • Thanks for reply Ram. I have checked it has permissions. I have observed another strange this morning is even if i add NT Authenticated users in contributors group. still the user not able to access the main site but can access all subsites.
    Thursday, June 5, 2014 2:40 PM
  • I would suggest you check the user's permission on the top level site by going to Site Settings->Site Actions->Users and Permissions, click Check Effective permissions. This should give us an idea what is happening behind the scenes.

    Hope this helps!
    Ram - SharePoint Architect
    Blog - SharePointDeveloper.in
    Please vote or mark your question answered, if my reply helps you

    Thursday, June 5, 2014 2:51 PM
  • Thanks Ram. We identified the issue just now. there was one web part on the main page causing issue. We are int he process of fixing code.

    I will update the thread once the it is fixed.

    Thanks for your help.

    Thursday, June 5, 2014 3:26 PM
  • Good to know that you were able to resolve the issue :)


    Hope this helps!
    Ram - SharePoint Architect
    Blog - SharePointDeveloper.in
    Please vote or mark your question answered, if my reply helps you

    Thursday, June 5, 2014 3:48 PM
  • Finally resolved the issue in webpart code which is on main page, tested and deployed.
    • Marked as answer by Tech-Fun Friday, June 6, 2014 2:01 PM
    Friday, June 6, 2014 2:01 PM