none
Cannot access path C:\ error after extending System Reserved Partition RRS feed

• Question

• I have a Windows Server 2008 R2 Web server that Barebones protection continued to fail because the System Reserved partition was only 100mb and did not have space to back up.  I used EaseUS to extend move the primary OS partition over 150mbs so I could extend the System Reserved partition.  This all went over without a hitch.  Now when I try to create a new Protected Group for the C drive of that server, I get Cannot Access Path C:\ because part of the path has been deleted or renamed.

Can someone tell me how to get this issue corrected with DPM 2016

Thanks,

Chris Woodard

Friday, January 19, 2018 6:50 PM

Answers

• House keeping - closing old post.

I cannot say for sure, but perhaps as a result of moving the primary partition Windows assigned a new volume guid to the C: Volume and when trying to re-protect it DPM was trying to use the cached volume guid.

To overcome that you need to click on the "refresh" button to expand the protected server when adding it to the protection group.  That will force DPM to discard the cache and get updated information from the server.

Regards
    Mike Jacquet

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Friday, January 10, 2020 8:55 PM