none
LiteTouch Capture: Unable to Copy Unattend.xml for SysPrep, not found RRS feed

• Question

• All steps occur within Hyper-V in a Lab environment to prepare an image to be used in Production:

In my Lab environment:

I've added Windows 7 Pro X64 to the Deployment work bench from the Windows 7 x64 ISO (Right Click the Operating Systems folder, Import Operating system.

I run a Task Sequence to create my Reference Image as follow:

1. Installs Windows 7 Pro x64 base image in a VM by mounting the litetouchpe_x64.iso

2. Updates Windows 7 Pro x64 base image with all WSUS Updates from WSUS Server hosted on Lab WSUS server.

3. Runs SysPrep

4. Stages WinPE on local disk of VM

5. Reboots VM into WinPE

6. Captures System to a WIM file at: \\THESERVER\MDTBuildLab\Captures\

This completes with no errors, producing file: W7-X64-001.WIM which is a Fully WSUS patched Windows 7 x64 Image

I then log into the VM produced W7-X64-001.wim, and customize it to include installing Office 2013, Java, Flash, Reader, etc...

I then create a 2nd Task Sequence (CAPTURE-001) that Run's sysprep on the system, then Captures it to a WIM file to be named W7-X64-002.  End result is a Windows 7 X64 fully WSUS patched, with Office 2013, Java, Flash, Reader, etc.  This task sequence is run from Start:Run \\THESERVER\LabDeploymentShare$\Scripts\LiteTouch.vbs

The first time I ran this this process on this same same server, everything worked properly.

This is my 2nd time running through the steps of creating these images after doing some updates, and it is now failing on this CAPTURE-001 task sequence with the error below:

• Deployment Summary
    • Success
    • Operating system deployment completed successfully.
    • The Computer is now ready to use.
    • During the deployment process, 0 errors and 3 warning were reported.
    • Details:
    • No answer file could be found
    • No answer file could be found
    • Unable to copy unattended.xml for Sysprep, not found

Is there something I am missing when it comes to updating an existing set of images?  I renamed W7-X64-001.WIM and W7-X64-002.WIM prior to running these task sequences to ensure a file by the existing name did not cause an issue.

If someone could point me in a direction to resolve this issue, I would appreciate the assistance. 

Stephen

Saturday, February 1, 2014 5:55 PM

Answers

• The error supplied above is too "high level" to tell you what's going on here. Check the bdd.log and find out what the actual errors were. If you still need help, copy the bdd.log file to a public share like SkyDrive, and post the link here.

As for the sysprep error, do you have a unattend.xml file defined for the Task Sequence? you may need to define the variable: OSDAnswerFilePath. I rarely ever use this method, most of my images are created in a single pass (multiple instances).

Keith Garner - keithga.wordpress.com

Tuesday, February 4, 2014 7:00 AM

All replies

• In an effort to get this to work, I went back to my original VM with an lab environment equal to this 2nd lab environment, and same issue occurs, I run a Capture Only Task Sequence after having added a standard set of software to my thick image to include:

1. Microsoft Internet Explorer 11
    2. Google Chrome 32.0.1700.76 m
    3. Mozilla Firefox ESR 24.2.0esr
    4. Adobe Air 4.0
    5. Adobe Flash (IE) 12.0.0.38
    6. Adobe Flash (Other Browsers) 12.0.0.43
    7. Adobe Reader 11.0.0.6
    8. Adobe Shockwave Player 12.0.7.148
    9. Microsoft Silverlight 5.5.0031.0
    10. Oracle Java x86 Version 7 Update 51
    11. Oracle Java x64 Version 7 Update 51
    12. 7-Zip 9.2.0
    13. VLC Player 2.1.2
    14. Apple Quicktime 7.74.80.86
    15. Microsoft Office 2013
        Disabled:
              Access, InfoPath, Lync, OneNote

Is one of these software packages breaking something?    I'm at a loss as to what now gives me this error on two identical be separate Lab environments when attempting to capture a custom image.  I was thinking it was some sort of password issue.. but I'm thinking it might be one of the software packages above?

Stephen

Monday, February 3, 2014 7:11 PM
  • The error supplied above is too "high level" to tell you what's going on here. Check the bdd.log and find out what the actual errors were. If you still need help, copy the bdd.log file to a public share like SkyDrive, and post the link here.

As for the sysprep error, do you have a unattend.xml file defined for the Task Sequence? you may need to define the variable: OSDAnswerFilePath. I rarely ever use this method, most of my images are created in a single pass (multiple instances).

Keith Garner - keithga.wordpress.com

Tuesday, February 4, 2014 7:00 AM