none
Massive format changes in Gantt RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I'm using MS Project 2010 SP1 on Window 7 32 bit.
    Out of nowhere, when I opened the MS Project, the format of the Gantt chart changed dramatically :

1. All the the bar styles now look 2D and not 3D like it usually appear in MSP 2010

2.The colours are from a different colour pallete than they were.(i.e the current red is a different red than it was originally and so on)

3. The date format changed to include the hours as well as the date(this was easilly changed in the options menu).

The only thing that fixed this issue was to use windows "System restore", but this work around is to agressive, and today the problem reoccured.
    I have a feeling this "bug" is related to windows 7 updates.
    When I use a different PC - it's solved.
    Does anyone have experience with this ? heared about it? any advice?

Tuesday, October 18, 2011 12:25 PM

Answers

• Hi Doron,

I'm not sure I understand completely.  Are these format changes happening to all project files or only specific ones?

As you know, the date format is set for each project as well as globally in the Options dialog.

The display of bars is also set for each project as well as globally in Options as well -- Project Options > Advanced > Display area.

As far as the color changes -- that one is a bit more challenging but it can be changed in Format > Bar Styles and may also appear differently on different PCs based upon printer and monitor differences

Is it possible that someone else is modifying the files?  I have everything up to date and have not experienced any thing like this.

Julie

Tuesday, October 18, 2011 1:14 PM

All replies

• Hi Doron,

I'm not sure I understand completely.  Are these format changes happening to all project files or only specific ones?

As you know, the date format is set for each project as well as globally in the Options dialog.

The display of bars is also set for each project as well as globally in Options as well -- Project Options > Advanced > Display area.

As far as the color changes -- that one is a bit more challenging but it can be changed in Format > Bar Styles and may also appear differently on different PCs based upon printer and monitor differences

Is it possible that someone else is modifying the files?  I have everything up to date and have not experienced any thing like this.

Julie

Tuesday, October 18, 2011 1:14 PM
  • Hi Julie.

Thanks for your help.

I know that he format  can be changed locally and globally.

You did however helped me find the place where I can change the 2D/3D bar styles, so I changed it to 3D and the colors look like they used to.

I guess now I know how to change the formatting so it would like look like it did, I still dont know why it changed in the first place??

As for your question, no one is modifying the files, and the change is affecting all the files.

Thank you !

Tuesday, October 18, 2011 1:23 PM
  • You're welcome for the assistance -- but I'm afraid I still don't know how the changes are happening and as of yet, haven't heard any other reports of this issue.  To the best of my knowledge all of the settings in Options are controlled through registry settings -- so I don't believe an OS change would alter that portion of the registry.

Tuesday, October 18, 2011 1:41 PM