Automatic Deployment Rule not working RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I am trying to deploy Windows 7 updates automatically using ADR. I defined the ADR rule but not sure it is working or not because in software updates group I am not getting any new group. can anyone please tell me how to check ADR rule?

I defined ADR rule as mentioned below

Collection -  Windows 7 Machines

Create a new software group - Yes

Automatically deploy all software updates - Yes

Date release or revised  ---  Last 1 day

Product - Windows 7

Severity = Critical, important or moderate

Deployment option -  Download  software updates from DP and install

Download  and install software updates from the fallback

Thanks

Agha

Tuesday, March 12, 2013 10:00 AM

Answers

• Occurs every 1 weeks on Tuesday effective 3/5/2013 1:30 PM

This will not Work. You need to set the ADR rule to add updates from the last month or so...
    You've configured the ADR rule to add updates that has been released with the last 24 hours, and you only run the rule once a week.

Depending on your time zone ect. it might work for some pepole, but for 75% of this planet, your rule will not work, and updates released outside the this window will never be added.

Ronni Pedersen | Microsoft MVP - ConfigMgr | Blogs: http://www.ronnipedersen.com/ and SCUG.dk/ | Twitter @ronnipedersen

• Marked as answer by Agha Ali Sunday, March 17, 2013 7:12 AM
    Tuesday, March 12, 2013 2:09 PM
  • Have you removed the previous updates downloaded by SCCM when you were testing?  I decided to change the location that SCCM pulled the updates to for patch tuesday and decided to test the change had worked.  Even with setting the released and revised period back 60 days, no updates were downloaded.

On the following few weeks, the updates did download from that month and deploy as expected.  I think that the reason is that SCCM knows it has already downloaded these updates, and even though im stating i want them again, it refuses to do it?

As a note, you may be interested to know that SCCM 2012 SP1 now comes with predefined templates for your ADR that are already configured for you.

• Marked as answer by Agha Ali Sunday, March 17, 2013 7:11 AM
    Tuesday, March 12, 2013 4:32 PM

All replies