none
SCOM linux agent installation problem RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have the following error when I try to install linux agent via operations console. I know that so many similar posts were published, but I haven't found a solution yet.

sudoers info and , error info are below.

SCOM version : 1807

Linux agent OS : Ubuntu 6.04.6 LTS

I would really appreciate any help 

=======INSTALLATION ERROR=======

Module: SCXCertWriteAction

Exception type: ScxCertLibException

Exception message: Unable to create certificate context
    ; {ASN1 bad tag value met.
    }

Additional data: Sudo path: /etc/opt/microsoft/scx/conf/sudodir/

Management group: MGTARNET

Workflow name: Microsoft.Linux.UniversalD.1.Agent.Install.Task

Object name: All Management Servers Resource Pool

Object ID: {4932D8F0-C8E2-2F4B-288E-3ED98A340B9F}

=====================

=========SUDOERS INFO=========

#---------Linux - Universal DEB, RPM (Debian, Ubuntu, CentOS, Oracle)------

#General requirements
    Defaults:scxmon !requiretty

#Agent maintenance
    ##Certificate signing
    scxmon ALL=(root) NOPASSWD: /bin/sh -c cp /tmp/scx-scxmon/scx.pem /etc/opt/microsoft/scx/ssl/scx.pem; rm -rf /tmp/scx-scxmon; /opt/microsoft/scx/bin/tools/scxadmin -restart
    scxmon ALL=(root) NOPASSWD: /bin/sh -c cat /etc/opt/microsoft/scx/ssl/scx.pem
    scxmon ALL=(root) NOPASSWD: /bin/sh -c if test -f /opt/microsoft/omsagent/bin/service_control; then cp /tmp/scx-scxmon/omsadmin.conf /etc/opt/microsoft/omsagent/scom/conf/omsadmin.conf; /opt/microsoft/omsagent/bin/service_control restart scom; fi

##Install or upgrade
    scxmon ALL=(root) NOPASSWD: /bin/sh -c sh /tmp/scx-scxmon/scx-1.[5-9].[0-9]-[0-9][0-9][0-9].universal[[\:alpha\:]].[[\:digit\:]].x[6-8][4-6].sh --install --enable-opsmgr; EC=$?; cd /tmp; rm -rf /tmp/scx-scxmon; exit $EC
    scxmon ALL=(root) NOPASSWD: /bin/sh -c sh /tmp/scx-scxmon/scx-1.[5-9].[0-9]-[0-9][0-9][0-9].universal[[\:alpha\:]].[[\:digit\:]].x[6-8][4-6].sh --upgrade --enable-opsmgr; EC=$?; cd /tmp; rm -rf /tmp/scx-scxmon; exit $EC

##Uninstall
    #scxmon ALL=(root) NOPASSWD: /bin/sh -c /opt/microsoft/scx/bin/uninstall
    scxmon ALL=(root) NOPASSWD: /bin/sh -c if test -f /opt/microsoft/omsagent/bin/omsadmin.sh; then if test "$(/opt/microsoft/omsagent/bin/omsadmin.sh -l | grep scom | wc -l)" \= "1" && test "$(/opt/microsoft/omsagent/bin/omsadmin.sh -l | wc -l)" \= "1" || test "$(/opt/microsoft/omsagent/bin/omsadmin.sh -l)" \= "No Workspace"; then /opt/microsoft/omsagent/bin/uninstall; else /opt/microsoft/omsagent/bin/omsadmin.sh -x scom; fi; else /opt/microsoft/scx/bin/uninstall; fi

##Log file monitoring
    scxmon ALL=(root) NOPASSWD: /opt/microsoft/scx/bin/scxlogfilereader -p
    #---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

======================================================

Tuesday, June 25, 2019 12:30 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Firstly, it seems the Linux computer is Ubuntu 16.04.6 LTS

To monitor Linux computers, some extra configuration may be required, such as:
    (1) specify one or more management servers, to form a resource pool, dedicated for monitoring Linux computers
    (2) if the resource pool contains more than one management servers, cross-platform certificate need to be configured
    (3) in Linux side, port 1270 must be open
    (4) in the DNS, a record (Type A) should be added to resolve the Linux computer, for example, ubuntu16.company.com, and this should be the same as the Linux computer hostname (#hostname -f can show the full hostname).

For more detailed step, we can refer to the following step-by-step guide.

Deploying Unix/Linux Agents using OpsMgr 2012
    https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/kevinholman/2012/03/18/deploying-unixlinux-agents-using-opsmgr-2012/

Hope the above information helps.

Regards,

Alex Zhu
    -----------------------------------------------
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.
    Wednesday, June 26, 2019 6:09 AM
  • Hi,

My lab is also version 1807. I've tested it with a debian 7 and it works.

Pay attention that the subject of the certificate (of the Linux computer) should be the same of the full hostname. If different, use the following command to change it:

/opt/microsoft/scx/bin/tools/scxsslconfig -f -h <hostname> -d <domain.name>

If you encounter any problems, we may follow the below trouble-shooting steps

Troubleshooting monitoring of UNIX and Linux computers
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/system-center/scom/manage-monitoring-unix-linux?view=sc-om-2019

Screenshots of the lab:

1, prepare to discover

2, target found

3, deploy agent

4, success

Hope the above information helps.

Regards,

Alex Zhu
    -----------------------------------------------
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.
    Wednesday, June 26, 2019 8:24 AM
  • Hello,

Tuesday, July 2, 2019 4:32 PM