Run as account or password expiration RRS feed

• Question

• We have updated the service account password everywhere but my all MS's are Critical when I check the health explorer its showing run as account or password expiration.its not generating any alerts.but I can see 7001 events with password expiring on Thursday, May 04, 2016. which is crossed already 

Below is the error:

The password for RunAs account domain\SCOM account for management group SCOM is expiring on Thursday, May 04, 2016.  If the password is not updated by then, the health service will not be able to monitor or perform actions using this RunAs account.  There are 0 days left before expiration.

• Edited by UJOGULA Tuesday, August 2, 2016 10:36 PM
    Monday, August 1, 2016 10:13 PM

Answers

• its fixed after updating UR 9

• Edited by UJOGULA Thursday, August 4, 2016 4:02 PM
    • Proposed as answer by System Center guy Friday, August 5, 2016 3:09 AM
    • Marked as answer by Elton_Ji Tuesday, August 16, 2016 6:51 AM
    Thursday, August 4, 2016 4:02 PM

All replies

• Hi 

you need to change password in scom runas account and check services on each MS/GW/SQL server and update password if any service is running with this account.

regards

sridhar v

Tuesday, August 2, 2016 1:50 AM
  • You change service account domain\scom password and then event is log on system.
    solution:
    1) administration workspace --> accounts --> modify corresponding action account properties by changing it password
    2) If this service account is also a system center configuration service or system center data access service account, you also need to modify it service account login password. For detail, pls. refer to
    https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh456438(v=sc.12).aspx
    Roger
    Tuesday, August 2, 2016 6:55 AM
  • Hi,

So, you have already updated the service account password everywhere but the problem still persists.

You can try restarting the health service on the MS. This will make the MS reload new configuration and if the changes you have made are correct, then you will not see the same error again for sure.

Please vote if the answer helps.

Tuesday, August 2, 2016 8:17 AM
  • I have updated the password on each MS/GW/SQL servers ,restarted the services. still no luck

• Edited by UJOGULA Tuesday, August 2, 2016 10:35 PM
    Tuesday, August 2, 2016 4:41 PM
  • Hi Sir,

"system center data access service"  can be restarted successfully ?

Best Regards,

Elton

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com .

Wednesday, August 3, 2016 6:48 AM
  • Hi 

SCOM monitors event id 7000 in the event log and generate alert for runs as account password expire on event encounter , look for 7000 event id in operations log on the server which casing alert to trigger.

check with net user <<Account>> /Domain command,check Password expires is new Password expires date is reflecting.

regard

sridhar v

Wednesday, August 3, 2016 6:51 AM
  • when I check the health explorer its showing run as account or password expiration.its not generating any alerts.but I can see 7001 events with password expiring on Thursday, May 04, 2016.
    The monitor is came form Run As Account and Password Expiration Monitor which states that One or more Run As accounts are expiring or have their password expiring. This is the reason why you would receive event id 7001 on your operations manager event log. If you already reset the password of  domain\SCOM, you may reset this monitor and wait whether it will generate alert again.

Roger

Wednesday, August 3, 2016 9:11 AM
  • Okay,

If everything's correct and you are done with all the checks from your end, then I believe you need to reset the monitor that generated the alert. I agree with the response given by the System Center Guy. You first reset the monitor and then verify if it generates the same alert once again.

Please remember to vote if the answer helps your cause.  

Wednesday, August 3, 2016 9:27 AM
  • My services are running with system account and I did monitor health explorer reset but it’s healthy for few hours and going back to critical

• Edited by UJOGULA Wednesday, August 3, 2016 4:18 PM
    Wednesday, August 3, 2016 4:18 PM
  • The Run As Account and Password Expiration monitor is a three state monitor. When the first event raised, it raises a critical alert. for the second event, it raises a warning alert with event ID 7001 that you are getting I believe. It's third event is for the healthy event.\

So, the monitor should eventually get healthy as both the first and second events have got raised.

Correct me if I am wrong.

Hope this helps. Please vote if you find it useful.

Wednesday, August 3, 2016 4:56 PM
  • My services are running with system account and I did monitor health explorer reset but it’s healthy for few hours and going back to critical
    1) Identify which agent/s health explorer has issue
    2) from the problematic agent/s, identify which account/s has issue by looking through operations manager event log for event id 7001 e.g. domain\account name
    3) Verfiy this account is the ones , you previous reset its password
    Roger
    Thursday, August 4, 2016 6:09 AM
  • its fixed after updating UR 9

• Edited by UJOGULA Thursday, August 4, 2016 4:02 PM
    • Proposed as answer by System Center guy Friday, August 5, 2016 3:09 AM
    • Marked as answer by Elton_Ji Tuesday, August 16, 2016 6:51 AM
    Thursday, August 4, 2016 4:02 PM