Skype for Busisness 2016 Client and Outlook Integration RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

During user logon Skype for Business attempts to connect to Exchange server. In first place using EWS and the last one with UcMapi.exe to Outlook. If there is no SfB/Exchange integration at server level, this process may take a few minuts, which is visible by exclamation mark in the lower right conrner of the SfB client. It is possible to skip connection to Exchange and force use of UcMapi.exe?

Thanks in advane,
    Szymon
    Wednesday, October 10, 2018 7:40 AM

Answers

• Hi Szymon,

It is possible to skip connection to Exchange and force use of UcMapi.exe?

Based on my research, it cannot be achieved.

I searched the SFB client policy, i cannot find this setttings to achieve it in SFB client or server,

I disable the ews use the set-CASMailbox, SFB client still connect it.

Best Regards,
    Leon Lu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Thursday, October 11, 2018 3:08 AM

All replies

• Hi Szymon,

It is possible to skip connection to Exchange and force use of UcMapi.exe?

Based on my research, it cannot be achieved.

I searched the SFB client policy, i cannot find this setttings to achieve it in SFB client or server,

I disable the ews use the set-CASMailbox, SFB client still connect it.

Best Regards,
    Leon Lu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Thursday, October 11, 2018 3:08 AM
  • Hi,

Are there any updates for this issue, if the reply is helpful, please try to mark it as an answer,  it will help others who have similar issue.

Best Regards,
    Leon Lu

Monday, October 15, 2018 9:29 AM
  • Yes, I thought so that this cannot be changed.

Thanks.

Best Regards,
    Szymon

Monday, October 15, 2018 1:15 PM