Windows Installer/Java error 1723 NEED URGENT HELP RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there, the other day i decided i wanted to play minecraft but it wouldnt let me, it told me i needed the latest java, well i have java and so i go to reinstall it. When i did it told me "Error 1723" and it wouldnt do it, so i thought to delete it, i goto programs and features to remove anything "java" related but the same thing "error 1723" i search the internet for help and all i find is "remove or reinstall it" which i can do neither of! So i try to tackle it at windows installer, i follow a tutorial that says to delete the msiserver subkey (in run > regedit) and so i do, then it said to re install it at microsoft.com, i do and there are multiple downloads, i tried all of them and i kept getting "Update not for your system" "Nope" this is reeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaally annoying and all i wanna do is play minecraft!!! someone PLEASE help me!
    Tuesday, January 25, 2011 9:08 PM

Answers

• Hi,

As this forum focuses on Windows Vista specific issues, this inquiry would best be posted to Java forum:

http://www.java.com/en/download/help/index.xml

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us.  Thank you for your understanding.

Please Note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Monday, January 31, 2011 6:47 AM