Vista Desktop crashes when trying to shutdown RRS feed

• Question

• My desktop crashes anytime I try to shut it down. It gives the error:

Internal_Power_Error blue screen "000000A0", etc. appears quickly and begins "Dumping physical memory to disk" counting up from 0 to 100 and then freezes. I need to do a hard poweroff / on and select the "start Windows normally option"

I have ran several Anti-Virus and Malware tools such as Malwarebytes and am now confident that the PC is now runninf Virus free. 

I have uploaded a minidump on skydrive http://cid-a0da3e097fdfb096.office.live.com/browse.aspx/Minidump

I have also ran chkdsk /r /f and have also ran sfc /scannow. The system crashed though when it got to 48%. I will try this once more tionight when I have access to the machine.

I have tried downloading all Windows updates but I get errors when downloading them.

Thursday, May 5, 2011 9:47 AM

Answers

• Hi,

It seems the dump file is corrupted when I try to open it with Windebug program.

Based on my exprience, this issue is probably caused by faulty device driver. It is suggested to update all the device drivers especially your Video card driver, network adapter and chipset driver and check.

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Friday, May 6, 2011 9:47 AM