user cannot be found when i click on mysetting RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

When i click on my setting I am getting user can not found error, we are using sharepoint 2007 can any help me in this.

Monday, February 28, 2011 8:50 PM

Answers

• Hi Rithu,

I have faced the same problem before & user was facing problem to add the new user even he have full permission to site but once when i have added him as site collection admin it worked, I dont no why but in our case it is ok to give user as site adimin.

• Marked as answer by David HM Wednesday, March 9, 2011 1:03 AM
    Wednesday, March 2, 2011 8:26 PM

All replies

• Hi Rithu,

Have you checked the User profile service for any errors within the SSP area?

-- techChirag
    Monday, February 28, 2011 10:03 PM
  • Hi,

According to your description, all users entered into the Active Directory, click on the Welcome “Name” and choose “My Settings” –will receive the following:
    Users can’t be found.
    In my opinion, you will receive that error if the user has only 'Read' access, as that permission does not afford them the ability to change their personal information. I suggest that you should increase their permission level, or add the 'Edit Personal Information' option to the Read permission. Please have a try.

Best regards
    David Hu

Wednesday, March 2, 2011 1:28 AM
  • Hi David & Chriags,

It is happing with only one user when he click on the welcome"name" & choose "My Settings" we receive the following error message "User cannot be found". I checked in user profile sync there was no error in userprofile service, I run full export last night & i didn't see any error message.

David, where i should change the permission level only for that user, please help me

Wednesday, March 2, 2011 4:45 PM
  • Hi Rithu,

I have faced the same problem before & user was facing problem to add the new user even he have full permission to site but once when i have added him as site collection admin it worked, I dont no why but in our case it is ok to give user as site adimin.

• Marked as answer by David HM Wednesday, March 9, 2011 1:03 AM
    Wednesday, March 2, 2011 8:26 PM