Unable to update Internet Explorer 9 to 11 RRS feed

• Question

• I am using windows 7. Whenever my PC searches for updates it updates everything but one i.e. Internet Explorer.

Currently I have IE 9 on my PC. I have downloaded IE 11 from microsoft website but it is not getting installed.

Please sort this out.
    Saturday, August 27, 2016 5:11 AM

Answers

• Hi Vipin Vashist,

According to your description, did you meet some error when you install IE 11? Please check the link below about the IE 11 prerequisite to troubleshooting a failed installation of IE 11.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2872074

When we install the IE 11, I suggest that we could try boot in Clean Boot to avoid the effects of third party software and turn off the Antivirus

If the issue still insists, we could try go to the Control Panel>program and features>then select the left pane option>Turn the Windows feature on or off>then we could get this below pop up and then>uncheck the Internet Explorer>and restart the computer, after restarting again open the same and now check that option and again do restart.

Hope it will be helpful to you

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, August 30, 2016 5:06 AM

All replies

• Does it displays any error or warning?

Since when this problem started?

Sunday, August 28, 2016 2:28 PM
  • Hi Vipin Vashist,

According to your description, did you meet some error when you install IE 11? Please check the link below about the IE 11 prerequisite to troubleshooting a failed installation of IE 11.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2872074

When we install the IE 11, I suggest that we could try boot in Clean Boot to avoid the effects of third party software and turn off the Antivirus

If the issue still insists, we could try go to the Control Panel>program and features>then select the left pane option>Turn the Windows feature on or off>then we could get this below pop up and then>uncheck the Internet Explorer>and restart the computer, after restarting again open the same and now check that option and again do restart.

Hope it will be helpful to you

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, August 30, 2016 5:06 AM
    1. Image titled Update Microsoft Internet Explorer Step 20
      Open your Internet Explorer browser. You should find the icon on the bottom left of your home screen.
    2. Image titled Update Microsoft Internet Explorer Step 21
      Click the gear-wheel icon. You can find it to the top right of the browser window.
    3. Image titled Update Microsoft Internet Explorer Step 22
      Click "About Internet Explorer." It's the option on the bottom of the drop-down menu. This will open a new window.
    4. Image titled Update Microsoft Internet Explorer Step 23

http://www.wikihow.com/Update-Microsoft-Internet-Explorer

• Edited by H Shakir Tuesday, August 30, 2016 5:31 AM
    Tuesday, August 30, 2016 5:29 AM