Windows 7: Bluescreens, freezes RRS feed

• Question

• <p>Jesh where to begin.</p><p>First off I have Steam installed, and with steam is Arma 2 and Arma 2:OA. I have Diablo 3 installed, Origins w/ SWTOR, Skype, and teamspeak.</p><p>Now Whenever I am playing my games, the games run smoothly, great perfomance.</p><p>The problem is whenever I am visiting a website, multiple times I get a "browser webpage has crashed, would you like to recover the page?" Also, websites are slow and half the time dont even load. Forgot to mention that this all occurs even when the game programs and launchers are closed. </p><p>It isnt just the browser, it is every thing, it loads half the time, and the other half itll begin to load, lock up and go to bluescreen which then upon rebooting, it will either load up upon putting in password or be stuck at the Welcome screen.</p><p>I have ran boot-time scans, registry repairs, disk defragments, even gone through and reinstalled all my games and nothing. Everything is slow and doesnt work half the time except for the games, which open fine, and run fine as if the computer was brand new.</p><p>Specs-</p><p>Windows 7 (64 bit)</p><p>Intel Core i7 quad core processor with 3.40 ghz of cpu power</p><p>Running an AMD Radeon HD 6670</p><p></p><p>Any advise or help to root out the problem would be awesome!</p>
    Wednesday, May 23, 2012 4:44 PM

Answers

• The bugcheck that lead your system to hang and displaye the blue screen can have several different causes.
    Check the Window "System" log in the Event Viewer to see if there's any record related to these system errors.
    If you face a blue screen, locate the DMP file in the \Windows\Minidump folder, upload it to your Windows Live SkyDrive, make it publicly accessible and post the URL here, so that we can analyze it and try to understand what's going wrong.

Bye.

Luigi Bruno - Microsoft Community Contributor 2011 Award

• Marked as answer by Leo Huang Monday, June 4, 2012 2:50 AM
    Wednesday, May 23, 2012 9:46 PM
  • Hi,

If it caused blue screen, you can upload the dump file for me to analyze it:

1. Click “Start”, type “%SystemRoot%\Minidump" (without quotation marks) in “Search” bar and press “Enter”.

2. Go to your Desktop, right-click on it and create a new folder named "Dump".

3. Copy all the memory dump files (looks like [Mini092008-01.dmp]) in Minidump to this folder.

4. Right-click on the Dump folder, click "Send To", and click "Compressed (zipped) Folder".

5. Upload to SkyDrive.

Also you can contact Microsoft Customer Support Service (CSS) for assistance so that this problem can be resolved efficiently.

Microsoft Customer Support Service (CSS)

Regards,

Leo   Huang

Leo Huang

TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Leo Huang Monday, June 4, 2012 2:51 AM
    Thursday, May 24, 2012 8:36 AM

All replies

• The bugcheck that lead your system to hang and displaye the blue screen can have several different causes.
    Check the Window "System" log in the Event Viewer to see if there's any record related to these system errors.
    If you face a blue screen, locate the DMP file in the \Windows\Minidump folder, upload it to your Windows Live SkyDrive, make it publicly accessible and post the URL here, so that we can analyze it and try to understand what's going wrong.

Bye.

Luigi Bruno - Microsoft Community Contributor 2011 Award

• Marked as answer by Leo Huang Monday, June 4, 2012 2:50 AM
    Wednesday, May 23, 2012 9:46 PM
  • Hi,

If it caused blue screen, you can upload the dump file for me to analyze it:

1. Click “Start”, type “%SystemRoot%\Minidump" (without quotation marks) in “Search” bar and press “Enter”.

2. Go to your Desktop, right-click on it and create a new folder named "Dump".

3. Copy all the memory dump files (looks like [Mini092008-01.dmp]) in Minidump to this folder.

4. Right-click on the Dump folder, click "Send To", and click "Compressed (zipped) Folder".

5. Upload to SkyDrive.

Also you can contact Microsoft Customer Support Service (CSS) for assistance so that this problem can be resolved efficiently.

Microsoft Customer Support Service (CSS)

Regards,

Leo   Huang

Leo Huang

TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Leo Huang Monday, June 4, 2012 2:51 AM
    Thursday, May 24, 2012 8:36 AM
  • Check your hardware. Can be caused by faulty RAM or defective power supply.
    Tuesday, May 29, 2012 8:32 PM