none
How do you use DPM with a BitLocker enabled workstation? RRS feed

• Question

• We have Win7x64 ENT with Bitlocker enabled running on some workstations that we want to back up to our DPM 2012R2 system. We changed the work stations to ENT from Win7x32 Pro, so that we could enable Bitlocker. Once we made that change the back up process stopped and we can no longer get the systems to sync or even install the agent. Is there a work around for this?

Wednesday, March 26, 2014 2:39 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Enabling Bitlocker should not be an issue.  So if I understand correctly, you completely re-installed the workstation and went from Windows 7 professional X86 to Windows 7 Enterprise X64 - and now when you try to re-install the DPM agent you get an error ?   What is the error you get while trying to install the x64 DPM agent ? 

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Wednesday, March 26, 2014 2:53 PM
  • We have the Client pushed out from the server and it does not ever get installed on the workstations. Some background on this install... The person that set up the system has departed and I have been tasked to maintain it. I have some very basic experience with the DPM Administrator Console and that is where I make changes. I can add and remove machines and the client and settings would get pushed out to the workstations. Then we upgraded to Win7 ENT 64 and enabled bitlocker and I can't seem to get the client to even show up on these workstations.

Wednesday, March 26, 2014 3:36 PM
  • Hi,

I would suggest trying to install the agent manually on the workstation using the following steps.

Installing Protection Agents Manually

You will need to adjust for the directory structure based on version of DPM you are running.

If you get errors doing that, provide the details.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Wednesday, March 26, 2014 5:44 PM