none
PS 2013 Permissions, not responding RRS feed

• Question

• If I go to /_layouts/15/user.aspx Site Permissions, check user permissions and a user has none, yet they are still able to connect with Project Professional. The opposite is true as well put them in project managers group, they get site not shared with you or can't connect with Pro. Is there this big a delay in the permission setting is it a queue job?

Thursday, June 20, 2013 7:05 PM

All replies

• Hi,

To narrow down the issue, from Site Settings>>Site permissions, select check permission option from the ribbon

Enter the user ID and review the effective permissions.

If you are using Project Server permissions mode, from manage users page you can also use effective rights option

Hrishi Deshpande – Senior Consultant DeltaBahn
    Blog | < | LinkedIn

Please click Mark As Answer; if a post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful if a post has been useful to you.This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Thursday, June 20, 2013 7:26 PM
  • I'm pretty sure it is just a big delay. Don't know why it is more noticeable recently.

Thursday, June 20, 2013 8:32 PM
  • So you mean you are no longer experience this issue or it just takes time to sync?

Hrishi Deshpande – Senior Consultant DeltaBahn
    Blog | < | LinkedIn

Please click Mark As Answer; if a post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful if a post has been useful to you.This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Monday, June 24, 2013 6:04 PM
  • I still experience the issue but the permissions will resolve itself within a half hour. I call it an issue because it makes setting permissions very inconvenient.
    Monday, June 24, 2013 7:45 PM