FCS Client will not installed... RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have several servers which appear in WSUS with Not Applicable for the installation of the new FCS Client 1.5.1993.0. (No problem with the Definitions Updates which continue to install daily)

These servers have already the FCS Client installed but since 1.5.1981.0 they did not upgrade...

Operating Systems:

- Windows Server 2000

- Windows Server 2003

How could I list:

- All servers in WSUS with their FCS Version?

- All servers in FCS with their FCS version?

I could not find why?

Any idea?

Thanks,

Dom

System Center Operations Manager 2007 / System Center Configuration Manager 2007 R2 Support
    • Moved by Nick Gu - MSFT Wednesday, November 3, 2010 2:03 AM (From:Forefront Client Security Setup and Configuration)
    Wednesday, November 3, 2010 12:25 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hello,

On the Client:

Where could I get the latest version of FCS Client installed? 1.5.1993.0 or 1.5.1981.0 within the registry?

Where could I get the latest settings used by WSUS on the Client (Policy applied)? I changed the "Updates" to be checked and Approved on the WSUS Server to allow the FCS Client to flow but how the Client display these values?

Thanks,

Dom

System Center Operations Manager 2007 / System Center Configuration Manager 2007 R2 Support

Wednesday, November 3, 2010 4:16 PM
  • Hi,

Thanks for the post.

You could use the script provided in the following article to get the latest version of FCS Client installed:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/determining-fcs-client-state-from-script.aspx

Hope this helps.

Miles

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Felyjos Saturday, November 6, 2010 12:12 AM
    Thursday, November 4, 2010 9:19 AM