Where is Desktop Pro 6.3 and opening local cubes with Web Pro 6.3 RRS feed

• Question

• We have just upgraded from PAS and Web Pro 6.2 to 6.3.  I have several questions about the process.

1)  My license states that my users can use Web Standard, Web Pro or Desktop Pro.  No problems with Web Standard or Web Pro but I can't find the Desktop Pro 6.3 install package anywhere?  Where is it?  I don't see it in the PAS 'Install' folder.  Am I just missing it?  It does not show up as a separate install package on my volume licensing account either.

2) I have several users that use Web Pro over the internet most of the time from their laptops out of their office.  But, from time to time they do demos on the road.  These users have AS on their machines with the cubes they need.  How can they start Web Pro when they are not connected to the internet and connect to their local cubes?

Thanks,

Todd
    Tuesday, December 16, 2008 2:38 AM

Answers

• Todd,

Sorry about that.  I got a message that said you registered just fine.  Oh well.  Here is the HTML:

<HTML> 
    <HEAD> 
      <TITLE>ProClarity Web Professional</TITLE> 
    </HEAD> 
    <BODY bottommargin=0 leftmargin=0 rightmargin=0 topmargin=0>  
    <OBJECT classid=clsid:F97F35F6-5E4B-4C39-B588-9D94AC7796F6 id=KProClarityCtrl1 VIEWASTEXT height=100width=100%> 
    </OBJECT> 
    <SCRIPT LANGUAGE="VBScript">  
    Sub Window_OnLoad()  
        With KProClarityCtrl1  
            .ToolbarVisible = True 
            .MenubarVisible = True 
            .StatusBarVisible = True 
            .OpenBookVisible = True 
            .OpenCubeVisible = True 
            .CreateBookVisible = True 
            .OptionsFileName = "Options.xml" 
            .ExecuteOpenCubeDlg  
            '.ExecuteWelcomeDlg 'This would prompt user for briefing book or cube  
        End With  
    End Sub  
    </SCRIPT> 
    </BODY> 
    </HTML> 

By the way, I hope to be posting a number of free ProClarity tools and utilities on my website in the coming month so check it out when you get a chance.  Hopefully your login will work.

Jason
    BTG Services
    • Proposed as answer by JPicker Wednesday, December 17, 2008 3:49 PM
    • Marked as answer by Sean_Flanagan Thursday, December 18, 2008 3:57 PM
    Wednesday, December 17, 2008 3:49 PM

All replies

• 1)  The Desktop Professional (PDP) install is in a completely separate package.  The PAS install does not contain the PDP files.  You should be able to download the files from your MSDN subscription or by contacting your Microsoft Rep.

2)  You can create an HTML page that uses the ProClarity Control.  I created one and put it on my website (http://www.btgservices.net).  You can access it from the Downloads tab.  Send the file to your users and they can launch the Web Professional any time.

Jason Picker
    BTG Services
    Tuesday, December 16, 2008 10:57 PM
  • Jason,

Thanks for the info.  I tried to download the page you referenced off of your site but I couldn't register so I couldn't access the downloads page.  Is it something that you could post the HTML for here?  I'm sure others would find it usefull.

Thanks,

Todd
    Wednesday, December 17, 2008 3:38 PM
  • Todd,

Sorry about that.  I got a message that said you registered just fine.  Oh well.  Here is the HTML:

<HTML> 
    <HEAD> 
      <TITLE>ProClarity Web Professional</TITLE> 
    </HEAD> 
    <BODY bottommargin=0 leftmargin=0 rightmargin=0 topmargin=0>  
    <OBJECT classid=clsid:F97F35F6-5E4B-4C39-B588-9D94AC7796F6 id=KProClarityCtrl1 VIEWASTEXT height=100width=100%> 
    </OBJECT> 
    <SCRIPT LANGUAGE="VBScript">  
    Sub Window_OnLoad()  
        With KProClarityCtrl1  
            .ToolbarVisible = True 
            .MenubarVisible = True 
            .StatusBarVisible = True 
            .OpenBookVisible = True 
            .OpenCubeVisible = True 
            .CreateBookVisible = True 
            .OptionsFileName = "Options.xml" 
            .ExecuteOpenCubeDlg  
            '.ExecuteWelcomeDlg 'This would prompt user for briefing book or cube  
        End With  
    End Sub  
    </SCRIPT> 
    </BODY> 
    </HTML> 

By the way, I hope to be posting a number of free ProClarity tools and utilities on my website in the coming month so check it out when you get a chance.  Hopefully your login will work.

Jason
    BTG Services
    • Proposed as answer by JPicker Wednesday, December 17, 2008 3:49 PM
    • Marked as answer by Sean_Flanagan Thursday, December 18, 2008 3:57 PM
    Wednesday, December 17, 2008 3:49 PM
  • Jason,

Thanks!  Yes, I was able to register.  Its the 'Register' link under the UN and PW fields on the login page that isn't working.  I noticed that the 'Register' link in the bar (under the purple bar) had a different URL and I tried it and it worked.

I'll be checking back from time to time to see what you've got.

Thanks for the help.

Todd
    Wednesday, December 17, 2008 4:09 PM