Printing slow from printer on print box RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

We have a Server running 2012 R2 and it is our new printer server as well.

We have some older printers using IOCorp Print Boxes as they were used to print to from AS400.

Anyways, once we moved to the 2012R2 print server the printing is incredibly delayed on the printer that is still on the print box.

I've tried everything I could but cant seem to speed it up at all. We're talking 20+ seconds for something to print.

Ideas?

Friday, March 18, 2016 6:27 PM

Answers

All replies

• 1. Use compatible printers. Older may not work as expected (perhaps trying use default driver.)

2. Reveal the print protocol that you are using.

3. Reveal type of printer. Someone may have the same problem.

4. There may be internal problem in printer (longer setting up - heating in laser printer)

Limited info on configuration of your system may delay solution of your problem.

M.

Saturday, March 19, 2016 11:45 AM
  • Hi King_Koopa,

Based on your description, we may try to track behavior by using process monitor or network monitor to see when it delayed on.

I found several users who had the similar problem as yours, please refer to the link:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windows/en-US/c14d927c-ee23-4e05-8a03-16a9464e2a0e/print-spooling-very-very-slow-to-a-network-printer?forum=w7itproperf

http://www.techrepublic.com/forums/questions/network-printer-printing-slow/

Please Note: Since this website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

I also noticed that this issue happened after using server 2012 as printer server,  the compatibility of driver may cause the problem  , please check it.

Best Regards,

Tao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, March 21, 2016 9:43 AM