Disable mailbox retrieval after retention period RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I am using Exchange 2007 enterprise.....

Last month one of exstaff mail was disabled and now I cannot see it in disconnected mailbox as already the retention period (30 days) over.  we used to do the Evault archiving and unfortunately this user's Evault account was not activated.

There is only one month backup of echange we had as we used to take a full backup of Evault monthly to external tape.

Now we dont have the backup of his mailbox and some of the staff need to retrieve important mails from his account.

Is there anyway to retrieve mailbox from EDB database file OR atleast selected mail item retrieval possible from EDB file.

Appreciate a helpful reply from all of you people

Wednesday, October 19, 2011 12:42 PM

Answers

• Did you know any freeware tool or program

Sorry, I do not. If its important, I recommend using a supported product from a 3rd party vendor.

( And I dont even know if 3rd party products can recover it)

Another option is if you still have the user's old workstation and WIndows profile intact and the user was using cache mode. YOu could open Outlook in offline mode and access the cached files. or perhaps if things were archived to a pst somewhere.

• Edited by Andy DavidMVP Wednesday, October 19, 2011 1:47 PM
    • Marked as answer by Sabir_rm Tuesday, October 25, 2011 6:58 AM
    Wednesday, October 19, 2011 1:42 PM

All replies

• I dont knows if its possible, but I would contact vendors who specialize in this directly:

http://www.lucid8.com/

http://www.krollontrack.com/data-recovery/

http://www.quest.com/recovery-manager-for-exchange/

Wednesday, October 19, 2011 12:49 PM
  • I hope some solution to retieve from the database EDB file.
    Wednesday, October 19, 2011 1:33 PM
  • Nothing native built in to Exchange if you dont have backups and its past the retention period. You'll need to use 3rd party software.

Wednesday, October 19, 2011 1:39 PM
    Wednesday, October 19, 2011 1:41 PM

Sorry, I do not. If its important, I recommend using a supported product from a 3rd party vendor.

( And I dont even know if 3rd party products can recover it)

Another option is if you still have the user's old workstation and WIndows profile intact and the user was using cache mode. YOu could open Outlook in offline mode and access the cached files. or perhaps if things were archived to a pst somewhere.

• Edited by Andy DavidMVP Wednesday, October 19, 2011 1:47 PM
    • Marked as answer by Sabir_rm Tuesday, October 25, 2011 6:58 AM
    Wednesday, October 19, 2011 1:42 PM
  • Hi,

If you don't have backup you will lost the information.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Friday, October 21, 2011 2:47 AM