none
windows 10 product key RRS feed

• Question

• am downloading windows 10 and am reaching a point where they need a product key. i have no idea where am supposed to get that. I've tried the ones from recent posts but they don't work

thank you...

Thursday, November 26, 2015 5:16 AM

Answers

• Hi Ank-Arnolds,

The situation depends on which kind of installation you would like to perform.

For Clean install, you need the Activation key to click Next button, which means if you would like to perform a clean install of Windows 10 on a new machine, you must Buy a Windows 10 license key, or own the MSDN subscribtion;

For Upgrade install, we need the Windows7 or Windows 8.1 fully packaged, for more information regarding upgrading, please check:

Upgrade to Windows 10: FAQ

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/upgrade-to-windows-10-faq

If any further help needed, please feel free to post back.

Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, November 27, 2015 7:22 AM

All replies

• am downloading windows 10 and am reaching a point where they need a product key. i have no idea where am supposed to get that. I've tried the ones from recent posts but they don't work

thank you...

Assuming your computer has either Windows 7 or Windows 8/8.1.............

If you were using Windows Update to install Windows 10, you would not be asking this question.
    So, you must be using the ISO file to install Windows 10.
    Did you burn the iso to a bootable DVD or USB and tried to use it to do a clean install ?
    If yes, use your Windows 7 or Windows 8/8.1 product key.

Thursday, November 26, 2015 5:53 AM
  • Hi Ank-Arnolds,

The situation depends on which kind of installation you would like to perform.

For Clean install, you need the Activation key to click Next button, which means if you would like to perform a clean install of Windows 10 on a new machine, you must Buy a Windows 10 license key, or own the MSDN subscribtion;

For Upgrade install, we need the Windows7 or Windows 8.1 fully packaged, for more information regarding upgrading, please check:

Upgrade to Windows 10: FAQ

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/upgrade-to-windows-10-faq

If any further help needed, please feel free to post back.

Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, November 27, 2015 7:22 AM