video driver RRS feed

• Question

• please can you tell me from where I can downlod the latest video driver which is compatible with windows 7.

Thursday, July 16, 2009 2:01 PM

Answers

• It depends on what video card you have! ATI cards - get drivers from ATI; Nvidia cards - get drivers from Nvidia. Anything else, check the card mftr.'s website. In quite a few cases, the mftr. will have supplied drivers to Microsoft for inclusion in the RC, but this apparently isn't the case for you?

MS-MVP - Elephant Boy Computers - Don't Panic!
    Thursday, July 16, 2009 4:35 PM
  • please can you tell me from where I can downlod the latest video driver which is compatible with windows 7.

Have you tried the optional section of Windows Update? There might be a driver there...

Download drivers for:

ATI: Click here

NVIDIA: Click here

Please post what kind of card you have, or if it is an onboard card.
    Thursday, July 16, 2009 11:59 PM

All replies

• It depends on what video card you have! ATI cards - get drivers from ATI; Nvidia cards - get drivers from Nvidia. Anything else, check the card mftr.'s website. In quite a few cases, the mftr. will have supplied drivers to Microsoft for inclusion in the RC, but this apparently isn't the case for you?

MS-MVP - Elephant Boy Computers - Don't Panic!
    Thursday, July 16, 2009 4:35 PM

Have you tried the optional section of Windows Update? There might be a driver there...

Download drivers for:

ATI: Click here

NVIDIA: Click here

Please post what kind of card you have, or if it is an onboard card.
    Thursday, July 16, 2009 11:59 PM