none
Migrating storage groups to new disk RRS feed

• Question

• I have a DPM 2007 SP1 server and I am using internal storage (two partitions of 1TB each) and DAS (5TB Storage Group). When I look at how the disks are being used by DPM, I see that all of my backup data is spanned across all three of the SG. I now have a new SG of 9TB that I want to migrate all of the data from the existing three SG to the new 9TB SG and then I need to remove the two internal partitions so I can re-organize the RAID 5 configuration. I understand that the MigrateDatasourceDataFromDPM.PS1 script can be used for this, however, the command structure seems to be for moving disk1 to disk2 for example and I need to migrate from source disks disk1, disk2, disk3 to destination disk4. What is the proper way to do this? Anyone been successful with this and how?
    Wednesday, June 29, 2011 2:50 PM

Answers

• Hi,

You can simply use the  MigrateDatasourceDataFromDPM.PS1 three times.  Migrate from disk1 to disk4, - then migrate from disk2 to disk4, then migrate from disk3 to disk4.

Or try this instead.

$olddisk=@($disk[1],$disk[2],$disk[3])
    MigrateDatasourceDataFromDPM.ps1 –DPMServerName <dpmservername> –Source $olddisk –Destination $disk[4]

Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    • Marked as answer by mlmill Friday, July 8, 2011 7:53 PM
    Friday, July 1, 2011 11:00 PM

All replies

• Did I post in the wrong area or did I not provide enough information? I really need to get this resolved... anybody??
    Thursday, June 30, 2011 1:42 PM
  • Hi,

You can simply use the  MigrateDatasourceDataFromDPM.PS1 three times.  Migrate from disk1 to disk4, - then migrate from disk2 to disk4, then migrate from disk3 to disk4.

Or try this instead.

$olddisk=@($disk[1],$disk[2],$disk[3])
    MigrateDatasourceDataFromDPM.ps1 –DPMServerName <dpmservername> –Source $olddisk –Destination $disk[4]

Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    • Marked as answer by mlmill Friday, July 8, 2011 7:53 PM
    Friday, July 1, 2011 11:00 PM