none
MDT 2013 Out Of Box Drivers not showing under Inject Driver RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, I create a "Out of the box Drivers" folder. Under Task Sequence -> Inject drivers, it doesn't show, my other folders will show but not the newly created. I did a "Completely Regenerate The Boot Image" and restart the server, still doesn't show.
    The folder is not empty and contain a bunch of drivers. Why it doesn't show?

Thank you

Friday, February 3, 2017 3:35 PM

All replies

• You are not being clear. The deployment share includes a folder called Out-Of-Box Drivers. You can create folders underneath it for the various models of systems you are supporting. Under Task Sequences, should be a list of any task sequences you created. This will not list driver folders.  The Inject Drivers task (in the task sequence) will allow you to choose a Selection Profile, not an Out-Of-Box Driver folder.  Make certain whatever Selection Profile you are using includes the new folders you are creating under Out-Of-Box Driver.
    Tuesday, February 7, 2017 4:26 PM
  • I have 3 folders under "Out-of-box Driver" now (create a new one to test).

I have 4  task sequences, when i got to Inject Driver (in any of them), only 1 of the Out-of-box driver sub-folder will show. I don't' have the option to choose the other 2 in the drop down menu.

Wednesday, February 8, 2017 1:53 PM
  • Under the task Inject Drivers, the drop down gives you the Selection Profile options to choose, not the Out-Of-Box Driver folders.

Wednesday, February 8, 2017 10:22 PM
  • That is exactly where I am and it's not listed in there

That is what I'm trying to explain from beginning 

Monday, February 13, 2017 1:39 PM
  • Solution was under "Advance Configuration" -> "Selection Profile" the "Out-of-box driver" need to be added to a Selection profiles.
    • Proposed as answer by fr4nk1985 Tuesday, March 28, 2017 3:39 PM
    Thursday, February 23, 2017 1:53 PM