locked
Failure sending mail: Default value or value provided for the report parameter 'LT_Format' is not a valid value. RRS feed

  • Question

  • The error message: Failure sending mail: Default value or value provided for the report parameter 'LT_Format' is not a valid value. is recorded by the System Center Essentials 2007 SP1 reporting server when it tries to execute a report subscription for an Essentials report, Update Deployment Status. The subscription works for a while, then fails with this error. If you refresh the subscription, by updating its schedule  for example, the problem goes away for a while, but then comes back with no clear cause. What is casing this & how can I prevent it from happening? This is totally annoying.

    Thanks,

    jmcnemar


    J McNemar
    Tuesday, September 20, 2011 2:17 PM

All replies

  • Hello J,

    I noticed that you had posted a similar issue here:

    Update Deployment Report Email Subscription Loses Saved Parameters
    http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/systemcenterupdates/thread/5cc40d3e-8392-4439-8d54-86313310610e

    We will try to reproduce this issue in a test environment and keep you updated.

    Thanks,


    Yog Li -- Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Thursday, September 22, 2011 10:06 AM
  • Due to the age and nature of this issue it would be helpful to work the issue directly via a Phone Support Request.  As this issue reproduces locally we could perform a live debug/troubleshooting session and gain further insight into the error.
    Ketan Thakkar | Microsoft Online Community Support
    Thursday, October 6, 2011 1:08 PM
  • I am not sure how you think a live troubleshooting session would be productive. This problem occurs intermittently & without any advance warning. The subscription runs fine for while, then it breaks. You cannot see it break.

    I think this is a bug with dynamic queries providing parameter values for report subscriptions in SSRS 2005 that for  some reason is exacerbated in the SCE 2007 reporting system.  What does Microsoft know about this?

    Thanks,

    jmcnemar


    J McNemar
    Thursday, October 6, 2011 1:20 PM
  • Hi,

    It does look like a SQL related issue with specific regard to SQL Reporting Services.  Unfortunately, we really are at a point where more data would be required.

    I strongly recommand getting a phone case with this to investigate further.

    Thanks.


    Ketan Thakkar | Microsoft Online Community Support
    Tuesday, October 18, 2011 12:35 PM
  • Updated news on this issue, in case it helps someone to supply me with an answer...On the report server, I changed the report parameter settings for the parameter in the error ('LT_Format' ) to be a prompted parameter. Then I changed the subscription to be run using the only available setting for that parameter (LT).

    This worked for a subscription (so far) for one shorter version of the report, but for the larger report, when it tries to execute the subscribed report, the sames error occurs. I went back into the report server's subscription properties for the subscription still failing and clicked the use default check box for the troublesome parameter. Instantly, a new error was displayed by the report server web site:

    An error has occurred because a control with id 'ctl322$ctl00' could not be located or a different control is assigned to the same ID after postback. If the ID is not assigned, explicitly set the ID property of controls that raise postback events to avoid this error.

    I was able to go back to the subscription page, re-select the parameter, assign its value again & save it. We'll see if it works this time.


    J McNemar
    Tuesday, October 18, 2011 1:04 PM