none
Re-send mail from MEssage tracking log

Question

• Hi all,

to make it short. We use a system to send out mail from an address which does not have a mailbox (no-reply@domain..com).

It works fine, but we have a case where it sent to a wrong address (which does not have mailbox off course).

From messagetracking log I can see the email, but its not in get-queue or get-message.

Is there any way to re-send this from message tracking log?

Ediscovery does not work, since I have to specify a valid mailbox.

Thanks!

Please mark as helpful if you find my contribution useful or as an answer if it does answer your question. That will encourage me - and others - to take time out to help you. Thank you! Off2work

Thursday, January 28, 2016 11:36 AM

Answers

• Hi,

No, this is not possible. Are there any logs you can check within the sending system to find out more information about this email or can you try to re-send the email using this system?

Thanks.

Please mark as an answer if this answers your question

Mark Gossa

MCSE 2003, MCITP Enterprise Administrator 2008 R2, MCSA 2012 R2, MCTS Exchange 2010, MCTS SQL 2012, MCTS SharePoint 2007, VCP4, VCP5, CCNA

Blog: http://markgossa.blogspot.com   LinkedIn:    Twitter:   

Posts are provided “AS IS” without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied.

• Marked as answer by Off2work Thursday, January 28, 2016 6:14 PM
    Thursday, January 28, 2016 1:02 PM

All replies

• No, message tracking log is a text file.
    Thursday, January 28, 2016 11:42 AM
  • Hi,

No, this is not possible. Are there any logs you can check within the sending system to find out more information about this email or can you try to re-send the email using this system?

Thanks.

Please mark as an answer if this answers your question

Mark Gossa

MCSE 2003, MCITP Enterprise Administrator 2008 R2, MCSA 2012 R2, MCTS Exchange 2010, MCTS SQL 2012, MCTS SharePoint 2007, VCP4, VCP5, CCNA

Blog: http://markgossa.blogspot.com   LinkedIn:    Twitter:   

Posts are provided “AS IS” without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied.

• Marked as answer by Off2work Thursday, January 28, 2016 6:14 PM
    Thursday, January 28, 2016 1:02 PM
  • Thanks all,

mail sending system only relays and does not store anything. Just wanted to confirm that this is no go. I was sure that e-mail is stored on senders and recipient mailbox and does not store along the way (at least if ediscovery haven't been configured for it).

Message tracking is only log of e-mails point a to b.

Please mark as helpful if you find my contribution useful or as an answer if it does answer your question. That will encourage me - and others - to take time out to help you. Thank you! Off2work

Thursday, January 28, 2016 6:14 PM