Inquiry-A Won Prize of 700,000 euros to get from Microsoft Tarragona office? RRS feed

• Question

• Dear Sirs,

I have recieved following mail,where i am assured by Mr.Elvis Barney by telephone call (i called myself) that he verifies such win and i need to collect my Prize of 700,000 Tarragona office within 30 days:

MICROSOFT® STORE CORPORATION.
    CUSTOMER SERVICE: TARRAGONA - ESPAÑA/SPAIN
    GATEWAY INTERNET PROMOTIONS®. FOREIGN OPERATION DEPARTMENT.
    CLAIM OFFICE ADDRESS: C/ L'ESTANY, PARC. 2, 43006 TARRAGONA - SPAIN.
    CLAIM OFFICE ADDRESS: UPPER GROSVENOR STREET LONDON, W1K 7PJ.
    TRADING LINK: www.microsoftstore.com
    TEL: +34- 672 - 810 - 623,   TEL +34- 603 - 319 - 633 ,  Tel/Fax : +34 977 270 714.
    TEL + 44-703- 188- 2712.  ( LONDON CUSTOMER SERVICE )

Letter of Acknowledgement

24  - 01 - 2012.

Dear Winner,

Welcome to Microsoft Store Corporation España / Spain , Microsoft  word Stater 2012 promotions program .  On behalf of all the members of Microsoft Store  corporations here  Spain - tarragona, we wish to congratulate you for being one of the lucky winners in our January 2012  award promotion program.

This is an independent promotion and it's unconnected to any publication, no purchase necessary. Microsoft  Store corporation  program has rolled out Ten Millions of Euros, for the outgoing promotion of our computers and Internet  trading website, and your email address has emerge has one of the lucky winners.

You are required to completely fill out the information below quickly so as to enable our paying bank , make a payment/ Transfer the sum  of 700,000.00 Euro into your bank account you will provide to our account department  and as well to present your laptop,  Printer Machine  and  original copy of your winnings certificate to you  on your arrival to our claim centre in Spain  or  London.

Or to enable our paying bank  to  issue your Certified Cheque  of 700,000.00 Euro  on your given names, which will be delivered to you by the contracted diplomatic courier delivery company, along side with your laptop, Printer Machine and original copies of your winnings certificate.  We advice you indicate clearly your preferred mode to claim your won prize from the options number given at 16: 17:

FORM: FILL THE FORM AND SEND IT BACK IMMEDIATELY:

1. THE DATE YOU RECEIVED THE NOTIFICATION LETTER:

2. YOUR FULL NAME:

3. AGE:

4. SEX:

5. ADDRESS:

6. POST CODE:

7. CITY:

8. STATE:

9. COUNTRY:

10. MOBILE-TELEPHONE:

11. FAX NUMBER:

12. OCCUPATION:

13. WINNER EMAIL ADDRESS:

14. AMOUNT WON:

15. PHOTOCOPY/SCAN COPY OF YOUR INTERNATIONAL PASSPORT/ ID CARD OR DRIVERS LICENCE ( VALID IDENTITY IS VERY IMPORTANT, IT MUST BE PROVIDED, TO ENABLE OUR PAYING BANK ISSUE PAYMENT ON YOUR GIVENS NAMES).
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    SELECT ONE OF THE BELOW PREFERRED MODE TO CLAIM YOUR PRIZE. (16 OR 17  ):
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
     16. YOUR WON PRIZE TO BE PRESENTED TO YOU BY COURIER SERVICE DELIVERY TO YOUR TO GIVEN ADDRESS. IT IS VERY IMPORTANT TO NOTE THAT YOU WILL PAY FOR THE COST OF COURIER DELIVERY CHARGES YOURSELF,  BEFORE THE DIPLOMATIC COURIER COMPANY WILL BRING THE CHEQUE PARCEL CONSIGNMENT TO YOU AT YOUR GIVEN ADDRESS OR AT YOUR COUNTRY.
     OR
    17.  PRIZE TO BE PRESENTED TO YOU ON ARRIVAL TO OUR OFFICE HERE IN SPAIN OR LONDON. (YOU HAVE 30 DAYS FROM THE  DATE YOU COMPLETELY FILL THIS FORM BACK TO US, TO BE IN OUR OFFICE, FOR US TO PRESENT YOUR WON PRIZE TO YOU. FAILURE TO COME TO OUR OFFICE WITHIN 30 DAYS, IT THEN MEANS YOUR WINNINGS WILL BE CANCELLED.
    As soon as you send the information to us by Email, it will enable us start your Verification Procedure from our Office here in Tarragona.
    1. If you decide to come to our office to claim your prize, then we shall keep your prize to awaiting on your arrival.
    OR
    2. Once the verification is done all the necessary documents that are required for you to receive your laptop, Printer , Winnings Certificate and  Certified cheque of 700,000 Euro in your country,   will be package  as a  CHEQUE CONSIGNMENT PARCEL, and it will be delivered to you via the  DIPLOMATIC COURIER DELIVERY COMPANY to your contact address you will provide.
    Good day and Congratulations.
    Mr. Elvis Barney.
    Foreign Transfer Manager:
    MSFT Word Resource.
    Tel: +34-672 -810 - 623 ( English)  +34- 603- 319- 633  ( Spanish line ) Tel/Fax : +34 977 270 714
    Tel: +44-703-188-2712 (UK- London)
    Copyright © 2012 Microsoft. All Rights Reserved.

Please clearify does such a promotional lottery take place!....or this i spam,,,please let me know,

Best Regards,

Ishrat Raja,

E-mail: ishrat.raja43@yahoo.com

Moscow,Russia.

Thursday, January 26, 2012 2:08 AM

Answers

• Hi Ishrat,

Thank you for your post.

I have contacted the Microsoft Store in Spain, they confirm the email is a spam and no 2012 promotions program. So just add the sender to blocked senders list and don't reply the email.

Un saludo.

Rick Tan

TechNet Community Support

• Edited by Rick Tan Friday, January 27, 2012 7:52 AM
    • Marked as answer by Rick Tan Monday, January 30, 2012 8:23 AM
    Friday, January 27, 2012 7:50 AM