none
IE 11 becomes unresponsive or relaunches itself RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I have a requirement where I need to play cine (a movie) out of a certain set of images. I am using HTML5 canvas to do that. I need to play four cine concurrently, but my browser quickly becomes unresponsive or relaunches itself. When it relaunches itself, I see in task manager that memory has reached to about 1.5 GB but when it becomes unresponsive there is no memory spike.

I have created a fiddle to demonstrate that. The same thing works fine in chrome.

Can you help what could be the reason causing it, so I can change my design if required.

https://jsfiddle.net/hkuntal/03tjvhhn/ 

Machine specs: 8 core, 18 GB RAM, NVidia graphics card, IE11, Windows 7 64 bit

Thank you !

Wednesday, May 11, 2016 9:59 PM

All replies

• Hi Hariom S Kuntal,

To help you better, I suggest you submit a new case on MSDN forum as they will be more professional on your issue:

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/ie/en-US/home?category=iedevelopment

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us.  Thank you for your understanding.

Hope it will be helpful to you.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, May 12, 2016 11:32 AM
  • ok I will. Thanks Carl.
    Thursday, May 12, 2016 2:35 PM
  • Hi Hariom S Kuntal

Thank your for your reply.

If you resolved it using our solution, please "mark it as answer" to help other community members find the helpful reply quickly.

If you resolve it using your own solution, please share your experience and solution here. It will be very beneficial for other community members who have similar questions.

If no, please reply and tell us the current situation in order to provide further help

Best regards,

Carl Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, May 13, 2016 1:46 AM