Lync-Exchange integration - Adding a new Lync pool RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

We are adding a new Lync pool in our organization where Lync is in a resource domain and Exchange in the account domain

Lync & Exchange integration (OWA & UM) is already in place, I would like to know when adding the new Lync pool is there any configuration to do on the Exchange side so that the integration also functions for the new Lync Pool ?

Thanks

Luca

Monday, November 3, 2014 10:08 AM

Answers

• If you have trouble, you may need to add the new Lync pool as an additional UM IP Gateway. You can also rerun ExchUcUtil.ps1 on your Exchange server to do this for you.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj966276(v=exchg.150).aspx

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you please click "Vote As Helpful" and if it answered your question please click "Mark As Answer". SWC Unified Communications

This forum post is based upon my personal experience and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

• Proposed as answer by Eric.YK Tuesday, November 4, 2014 2:53 AM
    • Marked as answer by 1Luca Thursday, November 6, 2014 3:20 PM
    Monday, November 3, 2014 2:02 PM

All replies

• As Integration (OWA & UM) is already in place, you don't need any other configuration when you add new Lync pool.

Tek-Nerd

Monday, November 3, 2014 1:39 PM
  • If you have trouble, you may need to add the new Lync pool as an additional UM IP Gateway. You can also rerun ExchUcUtil.ps1 on your Exchange server to do this for you.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj966276(v=exchg.150).aspx

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you please click "Vote As Helpful" and if it answered your question please click "Mark As Answer". SWC Unified Communications

This forum post is based upon my personal experience and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

• Proposed as answer by Eric.YK Tuesday, November 4, 2014 2:53 AM
    • Marked as answer by 1Luca Thursday, November 6, 2014 3:20 PM
    Monday, November 3, 2014 2:02 PM
  • Thanks Eric,

Actually is it the Pool name that should be added to Exchnage or is it the Lync Server names which are in the new pool that should be added to Exchange UM ?

Thanks,

Luca

Wednesday, November 26, 2014 4:44 PM
  • The Lync pool name should do it.

Wednesday, November 26, 2014 5:13 PM