Locating old emails when upgrading to Windows 10 RRS feed

• Question

• I have just upgraded to Windows 10 and tried to access my old emails, however, when I opened Mail it has set up a whole new account with my old email address and I would like to know how to sync my old Outlook to the new account so I can access all my old emails. There was nothing about syncing old files when upgrading.
    Wednesday, August 5, 2015 2:04 AM

Answers

All replies

• In order to help you effectively we need to know exactly what email system you are using.  You can see the differences here

Wanikiya and Dyami--Team Zigzag

Wednesday, August 5, 2015 10:43 AM
  • You will need to add your credentials and download old emails to the new Mail app.

If you are using Office 365 you can find help here.

If you were using POP to download emails into Outlook you may need to export and import the emails.

If you have more questions about using Mail, post to the Microsoft Community: Apps on Windows 10.

-

Hessam
    Windows Outreach Team- IT Pro
    Windows for IT Pros on TechNet

• Proposed as answer by EMMmmmmmm Thursday, August 6, 2015 9:12 AM
    • Marked as answer by EMMmmmmmm Wednesday, August 19, 2015 8:45 AM
    Wednesday, August 5, 2015 8:38 PM
  • I have the same problem. I was running Outlook 2013 and had 2 email accounts setup along with archived email. After the Windows 10 email, Outlook is gone and I can't figure out how to open my old email - which i desperately need!
    Monday, August 10, 2015 5:52 PM
  • uhhhhh......how can you download old emails to the new Mail app. WHEN YOU CAN'T FIND YOUR OLD EMAILS?!!!
    Wednesday, June 8, 2016 9:58 AM
  • Exactly!
    Thursday, June 16, 2016 1:55 PM