Can't access older network shares after running Windows Updates on new Windows 7 computer RRS feed

• Question

• I've seen topics that dance all around this, but never exactly match my scenario.  I have Win 7 computers on a domain that have been accessing older network shares since they were set up 2-4 years ago.  In the last few weeks, one very critical PC cannot access an older (Server 2003) share over the network, though other Win 7 computers can.  I worked on it this issue for 3 weeks, including reading and trying everything in every post that resembles this problem.  None of it worked.  I bought a brand new Win 7 64 bit PC and set it up 1.5 weeks ago.  It accessed the older shares with no problems.  After being on vacation a few days I booted up the PC to continue the deployment and it starting finishing up Windows updates installation.  After that was done I could NOT ACCESS THE OLDER SHARES!

It is obviously an update causing this and it has done it on a brand new computer which worked last week and did not work after Windows Updates were installed.  SO, here's MY question:  Does anyone at Microsoft or elsewhere have a clue as to which update would have caused this?  The updates were downloaded on 7/1/16 and finished installing today (7/13/16) after being shut down for a week.

This is crazy!  Please help!

Wednesday, July 13, 2016 7:26 PM

Answers

• Hi longbeard1,

Thank you for your feedback. We have not received relevant feedback about the updates in July. Based on my search, the link below is about the Patchs in July. Please check the link below.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/security/ms16-jul.aspx

Depending on the Windows Operating Systems and Components Table, the MS16-087 and MS16-090 may have an impact on Windows 7. We could try uninstall to check.

Hope it will be helpful to you

Please mark the reply as an answer if you find it is helpful.

If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Friday, July 15, 2016 9:48 AM