OSK Predictive text stopped working RRS feed

• Question

• OK this is a long shot but, you never know.

I use the On Screen Keyboard frequently and really like the predictive text function.

Today for no reason I'm aware of it stopped working *and* ceased to be an option in the On Screen Keyboard options.

IOW when clicking "options" on the On Screen Keyboard there is no "Use Predictive Text" item to select from.

It was working. Then it wasn't.

Dell Dimension 8400, 2.25 GB RAM, 3.2Ghz. HT processor, Radeon x300 display adapter, 19 GB free HDD space, Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit.

TIA for any suggestions...

D
    Sunday, February 7, 2010 10:31 PM

Answers

• Hi,

I found out that text prediction only was available if the Tablet PC Components is checked. To do that, go to Control Panel > Programs > Turn windows features on or off > then make sure Tablet PC Components is checked.

If your Windows 7 still don't have text prediction option,  the only other problem you may be having is that your display language isn't installed. To fix that go to Control Panel > Clock, Language, and Region > Change Display Language > Install/uninstall languages. Then choose the correct settings for your Region and language. My settings are 

Format- English (US)
    Location--US
    Keyboard--English (US)

Hope this helps!

John
    • Marked as answer by datapod Tuesday, February 9, 2010 11:50 AM
    Monday, February 8, 2010 8:39 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I found out that text prediction only was available if the Tablet PC Components is checked. To do that, go to Control Panel > Programs > Turn windows features on or off > then make sure Tablet PC Components is checked.

If your Windows 7 still don't have text prediction option,  the only other problem you may be having is that your display language isn't installed. To fix that go to Control Panel > Clock, Language, and Region > Change Display Language > Install/uninstall languages. Then choose the correct settings for your Region and language. My settings are 

Format- English (US)
    Location--US
    Keyboard--English (US)

Hope this helps!

John
    • Marked as answer by datapod Tuesday, February 9, 2010 11:50 AM
    Monday, February 8, 2010 8:39 AM
  • Thanks John. Turning on Tablet PC Components was the correct answer.

I do recall now turning it off while disabling some stuff I thought I didn't need.

I appreciate very much your time.

D
    Tuesday, February 9, 2010 11:52 AM
  • Thanks John. Turning on Tablet PC Components was the correct answer.

I do recall now turning it off while disabling some stuff I thought I didn't need.

I appreciate very much your time.

D

Same here...I 2nd that, Thanks a ton!
    Saturday, April 24, 2010 5:55 AM
  • thank-you very much. i got a new laptop last month and was so disappointed when i had no predictive text option, thought it was the laptop, was looking to download a generic one from the web and stumbled onto this forum. now i have the option and couldn't be happier with my new laptop.

john cena is awesome

.....can't believe i said that, personally i'm a miz fan

Saturday, April 9, 2011 4:29 AM